• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a video of the unveiling of the RR from The Music Zoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AesV...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
      If any of you guys are interested in the relic, let me know. This is the sort of thing you buy and stick under your bed for the next 15 years!
      Matt, if I had any way to raise that kind of money, I'd buy one. The only difference is that I'd play the living fuck out of it.

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      Mine too, which is why I bought a new LTD when they were announced in '91 (took delivery of LTD057 in spring of '92). My issue is that it was promised that they would never build it again. I was pissed when they did that small run a few years back, but now 60?!! FMIC not abiding by the former owner's commitment to their customers is a travesty IMO. When you buy a company, you take on its baggage as well as its assets.

Any LTD owners up for a class action suit?

I will say that it looks great...at least it appears that they got the small details right this time.
      Got mine on 6/24/92; my dad co-signed on a bank loan so I could get it (I was 20, a new parent, and broke as hell) Thanks dad! I hear you on the "we're never going to build these again" statement in 92, but I can say that with each limited run since then, they got closer to the real deal. I'm happy to see that they finally got it right, and I'm glad that they did. if I could, I'd have a Shannon Shortwing, a 25th anniversary, and one of these limited pieces. To me, there is no cooler guitar.

Sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Your dad sounds like a very cool dude, Sully.

Comment

There's been alot of cool pieces come out of NAMM shows before but this is the coolest by far for me! Simply awesome!! I think it's cool how Randy put the black tape on the back of his guitars to keep from scratching them up with the belts and stuff he wore. Just goes to show that he respected and loved his guitars as much as alot of us do our own and wanted to take care of them. Great job Jackson!

Comment

I want one to hang on my wall in a glass case!
            USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
            USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Isn't this the design that Cannella says Randy rejected?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What I want to see is Ozzy try to pick up Ron or Randy by one leg while they are playing it. :ROTF:
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Actually, the story I heard is Sharon and Ozzy wanted the stage to be completely black before the band started, or maybe at different points throughout the show. Seeing as the guitar is white, they put black duct tape all over the back and he would flip it over during those times when the stage needed to appear all black.

Any of you guys know more about this?

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                  There's been alot of cool pieces come out of NAMM shows before but this is the coolest by far for me! Simply awesome!! I think it's cool how Randy put the black tape on the back of his guitars to keep from scratching them up with the belts and stuff he wore. Just goes to show that he respected and loved his guitars as much as alot of us do our own and wanted to take care of them. Great job Jackson!
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Actually, the story I heard is Sharon and Ozzy wanted the stage to be completely black before the band started, or maybe at different points throughout the show. Seeing as the guitar is white, they put black duct tape all over the back and he would flip it over during those times when the stage needed to appear all black.

It was on the back of his Polka Dot Sandoval guitar as well when it was shown in the Japan memorial video and while at the Hard Rock. I don't see how it'd do much good blackening out the body if the neck was still white. I could be wrong though. I always thought it was to protect them from the belts and little chains on his stage clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Isn't this the design that Cannella says Randy rejected?
                      I believe so. And Randy didn't care for the V-trem not staying in tune that well either and was looking into a Floyd.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        I believe so. And Randy didn't care for the V-trem not staying in tune that well either and was looking into a Floyd.
                        The white guitar was a prototype; he went to the body shape we know and love because too many people thought it was a flying v. i think that's odd, but hey, there ya go. He had been quoted as saying he wanted a floyd, but that Doug Chandler of Chandler's music in England got his Vtrems working, and that you "didn't need floyd rose." kind of interesting.

Glenn, yes; my dad is pretty great. He didn't really relate to all of my guitar love, but he understood that it was a way to reach me. He knew how much of an influence Randy was, and he was kind enough to help me out.

Sully
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I am drawing straws to see which kidney to sell.
                          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I just watched all the video on the Jackson website and you're right about the tape. Kelly says it himself that it was because Sharon wanted the stage dark and Randy would flip the guitars over. Kelly and Kathy both said that Randy didn't like the tape being on there very much! HA HA! I learned something today!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                              I just watched all the video on the Jackson website and you're right about the tape. Kelly says it himself that it was because Sharon wanted the stage dark and Randy would flip the guitars over. Kelly and Kathy both said that Randy didn't like the tape being on there very much! HA HA! I learned something today!

Another MusicZoo Vid about the guitar, they do talk about the tape. They also found that the original pin stripes are a metallic blue, not black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMobI...ayer_embedded#

Comment

the metallic blue discovery is crazy. also interesting about the binding!

sully
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X