No announcement yet.

Rhoads Relic Introduced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd really like to see some of the pics that they took of Randy's actual guitar as well as some of the drawings and stuff to make this relic'd version. That'd be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by btx109 View Post
      I saw the Jackson relic up close at the NAMM Show yesterday and noticed that the headstock paint was wrong. On Randy's original it appears black but up close and in good lighting, you can see that it is a deep metallic blue. Newc may be correct, that Jackson did that intentionally to differentiate it from anyone trying to pass off a replica as the real thing. It's happened before. Years ago at an old record store, Mayhem I believe it was called, in Westwood CA there was a polka-dot V on display for sale that was allegedly Randy's guitar. That was obviouslyincorrect.
      The paint isn't wrong on the headstock, here's the original on display. At around 1:48 you'll see the blue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhxt7jpSNs
      Ratt & Roll

Comment

The new Jackson relic appears to have black paint on the headstock & pinstripes. On Randy's original guitar the headstock and pinstripes appear to be a dark pearl blue. Not the same.

Edited to add: You guys are right, I was wrong. Just heard Chip Ellis interviewed where he confirmed that the headstock and pinstripes of the relic'ed reproduction match the original's dark pearl blue. The lighting in the NAMM Fender exhibit was so poor I couldn't see it.
        Last edited by btx109; 02-04-2010, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
          What is the that metal looking dot in front of the selector switch?
          It actually protrudes a bit fron the guitar. I was told at one point Randy tried to directly attach a strap to that area and the screw broke off.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by btx109 View Post
            The new Jackson relic appears to have black paint on the headstock & pinstripes. On Randy's original guitar the headstock and pinstripes appear to be a dark pearl blue. Not the same.
            Wrong!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...id=91043496743
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Exactly, I'm not trying to be rude, but we're right. The headstock is blue, just REALLY dark blue.
              Ratt & Roll

Comment

From the CSUN display, for what its worth.

Comment

Thanks for that Rudy. I had guessed that but was curious.

Comment

that headstock pic is awesome; i like what seems to be file marks on the nut. Do you have other shots at this size?
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I scanned this thread from 2005 regarding the original being on display. Tere is a clear pic of the headstock, but no real mention of the color that Icould find. There is also a youtube link to video of the guitar on display.

Comment

There was a slide show running above the RR display that detailed how they went about measuring everything on the original. I shot a video of it while I was there but still need to get it on youtube. I'll post here again when it's live.
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I find it absolutely unbelievable that Randy could play a guitar with dents and scratches and chips and broken-off screws in it.

Seriously, I am kind of amazed that the tip of the headstock looks so pristine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                            I found a video of the unveiling of the RR from The Music Zoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AesV...layer_embedded
                            Kinda cool that the dude with the mic is doing the unveil for the Rhoads tribute is wearing a Ride for Dime T-Shirt. I'm on the board for the Philadelphia chapter of RFD. I was watching the vid with my wife and didn't notice the shirt till about half way thru and did a double take..... very fitting and very cool. Randy and Dime are both smiling about this one.
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                              that headstock pic is awesome; i like what seems to be file marks on the nut. Do you have other shots at this size?
                              Here is all of the pics I took. Not too many closeups unfortunately...

http://www.apmcorp.com/temp/RR.zip

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                                Kinda cool that the dude with the mic is doing the unveil for the Rhoads tribute is wearing a Ride for Dime T-Shirt. I'm on the board for the Philadelphia chapter of RFD. I was watching the vid with my wife and didn't notice the shirt till about half way thru and did a double take..... very fitting and very cool. Randy and Dime are both smiling about this one.
                                I believe that's Nick Bowcott. He's a great player & was the guitarist for Grim Reaper, went on to write for GW, and now works for FMIC. He was very close to Dime, and wrote a really nice tribute in GW. IIRC, I read that he was working on a biography at one point.

Comment

Working...
                                X