No announcement yet.

Rhoads Relic Introduced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is news to me. l wonder why the previous ltd & shortwing runs had black if the concorde had metallic blue.
    this is the holy grail in my book. while i cant swing $12,000+ for aguitar. this would be the 1 i would.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Grover, Tim, and Mike are all still around...how would they not know that deep metallic blue was used instead of black? Seems odd that all three could have forgotten this detail???

I wonder if it was really black with some flake added? I've experimented with paint schemes in the past, including trying to shoot a trans-black over silver to see what "candy black" would look like. It looks like dark blue.
      Last edited by Rupe; 01-16-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I have a poster where they appear blue but I thought it was from the flash of the camera. I guess not!

Comment

Well, for one thing, despite how many fans someone has, Jackson (Shannon) probably wanted Randy's to be truly unique in all the world, aside from the mere fact it was Randy's guitar, so they used black pins for the LTDs.

I'm all for hero worship if it helps you get by, but IMO having anything that's 100% exactly identical to your hero's guitar lessens the significance and specialness of your hero's guitar. A run of 60 means that 60 people will be able to say "I've got one, too".

And these are not a threat to the LTD models. The LTDs are (allegedly) replicas of the Concorde as Randy received it (albeit with the exception of the recent pinstripe discovery). These models are how Randy's guitar looks today. Two different models IMO. You'll still be able to sell yours for more than you paid, but not for $12656.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by SLY View Post
            Too bad Randy wasn't born on the first of january.

Anyway, it's a nice tribute to a true legend. RIP Randy.
            hahahaha!

Comment

It will be interesting to see what they will be offering as a case. A replica road case would be really cool; aged and relic'd (sp?) with RR markings? For a 12,xxx.xx guitar the case better be a damn good one.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                Matt, if I had any way to raise that kind of money, I'd buy one. The only difference is that I'd play the living fuck out of it.

Got mine on 6/24/92; my dad co-signed on a bank loan so I could get it (I was 20, a new parent, and broke as hell) Thanks dad! I hear you on the "we're never going to build these again" statement in 92, but I can say that with each limited run since then, they got closer to the real deal. I'm happy to see that they finally got it right, and I'm glad that they did. if I could, I'd have a Shannon Shortwing, a 25th anniversary, and one of these limited pieces. To me, there is no cooler guitar.

Sully
                Actually my dad pulled the 2200 we spent on mine out of the bank drove me to (I think guitar center in Campbell ca?) to pick it up. I paid him back about half of it before he passed away in '95. I'm like you if I could afford to have one or more of each I would. But I'm just grateful i was able to get the one i found.
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

It comes with a flight case that's also beat up and it has some stickers on it. Really nice case! I'm not sure but I would guess there's also some case candy included as well.
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I saw the Jackson relic up close at the NAMM Show yesterday and noticed that the headstock paint was wrong. On Randy's original it appears black but up close and in good lighting, you can see that it is a deep metallic blue. Newc may be correct, that Jackson did that intentionally to differentiate it from anyone trying to pass off a replica as the real thing. It's happened before. Years ago at an old record store, Mayhem I believe it was called, in Westwood CA there was a polka-dot V on display for sale that was allegedly Randy's guitar. That was obviouslyincorrect.

Comment

Bumping this up, because someone bumped Nick's '09 pic thread and it's confusing people.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                        It comes with a flight case that's also beat up and it has some stickers on it. Really nice case! I'm not sure but I would guess there's also some case candy included as well.
                        Four spare bridges?

I guess I just found my answer to the "why" on the gaffer tape.

Comment

Originally posted by btx109 View Post
                          I saw the Jackson relic up close at the NAMM Show yesterday and noticed that the headstock paint was wrong. On Randy's original it appears black but up close and in good lighting, you can see that it is a deep metallic blue. Newc may be correct, that Jackson did that intentionally to differentiate it from anyone trying to pass off a replica as the real thing. It's happened before. Years ago at an old record store, Mayhem I believe it was called, in Westwood CA there was a polka-dot V on display for sale that was allegedly Randy's guitar. That was obviouslyincorrect.
                          I would agree that is the most likely reason for the difference, even so, I still say that is one hell of a piece.

Devil's advocate: Since the original has dark metallic blue headstock & pinstripes and a v trem, does this mean we could get a custom shop with Floyd and black headstock & pinstripes... hopefully for less than the $12,000+ ($3 or $4 grand seems reasonable).
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                            Grover, Tim, and Mike are all still around...how would they not know that deep metallic blue was used instead of black? Seems odd that all three could have forgotten this detail???

I wonder if it was really black with some flake added? I've experimented with paint schemes in the past, including trying to shoot a trans-black over silver to see what "candy black" would look like. It looks like dark blue.
                            Whats more odd is that Randy's guitar was displayed a couple years ago and no one then noticed it wasn't really black. Honestly, it looked black to me at the show. Then again the lighting is different at the show, the pix I took were all with flash. Anyway, it was a great weekend!
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              Whats more odd is that Randy's guitar was displayed a couple years ago and no one then noticed it wasn't really black. Honestly, it looked black to me at the show. Then again the lighting is different at the show, the pix I took were all with flash. Anyway, it was a great weekend!
                              I did! At least the headstock. I remember the video of the guitar someone took, on youtube, and I definitely recall noticing that the headstock was dark blue and thinking it was weird (as was the signature looking a lot different than I expected.)

Comment

What is the that metal looking dot in front of the selector switch?

Comment

Working...
                                X