My Custom Shop KV (Black /w Red Bevels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
    Behind the nut string lock offers a lot more adjustment with the nut though, doesn't it?
    Yeah. Like I said, I prefer a real bone nut, and using a Kahler string lock still allows you to use a bone nut. It's much more comfortable, and yes, it's far easier to adjust string height.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      I ordered both a CS KV and a CS soloist here are pics. I never took delivery of the KV since they did not want to rebuild it. I am awaiting the inlays on my soloist.

Like I said I dont care for the Kahler nut and thats my opinion others like it and swear by it.

I wonder what they did with it. That thing is awesome.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Ah, thats the Blood V for sale at MZ eh ? I was checking it out earlier today.
        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Oh yeah, Ben D , thats a kick ass guitar there. Congrats !

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
            Ah, thats the Blood V for sale at MZ eh ? I was checking it out earlier today.
            Yeah they were supposed to paint the back of the neck as well. If anyone buys it make sure they discount it 700 dollars since I lost that deposit.

Comment

So they built the guitar wrong, refused to rebuild, then wouldn't give back your deposit?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                So they built the guitar wrong, refused to rebuild, then wouldn't give back your deposit?
                Pretty much since I could not produce the original WO from Jackson. I only saved the quote sheet I submitted but that was not good enough. I was pissed but I am over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                  I'm happy....got what I wanted and at the end of the day that's all that matters.
                  Very true.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Pretty much since I could not produce the original WO from Jackson. I only saved the quote sheet I submitted but that was not good enough. I was pissed but I am over it.
                    Man, that'd keep me pissed for a while. It just isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                      Man, that'd keep me pissed for a while. It just isn't right.
                      There was a whole thread on it here and it was about 4 pages long. I think it was back in April.

Comment

There was a whole thread on it here and it was about 4 pages long. I think it was back in April.
                        Was it only replacing KV nut construction or something else as well? You mentioned something about neck or headstock angle...

Comment

Very sweet KV...I love the red logo matching the binding, not enough of those in the world if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                            Was it only replacing KV nut construction or something else as well? You mentioned something about neck or headstock angle...
                            They told me that they had to rebuild my soloist for a Floyd nut since the neck had to be angled not just the headstock. So I assume the same would apply for the KV but no dice in getting it rebuilt. Also the did not finish the back of the neck in blood splatter. They did it in a gunstock oil finish which I would have never specified as I only like laquer/painted finishes on my neck thru guitars.

Comment

They told me that they had to rebuild my soloist for a Floyd nut since the neck had to be angled not just the headstock. So I assume the same would apply for the KV but no dice in getting it rebuilt. Also the did not finish the back of the neck in blood splatter. They did it in a gunstock oil finish which I would have never specified as I only like laquer/painted finishes on my neck thru guitars.
                              Sorry to hear...that sucks big time. Just reading thread about your CS guitars. It's strange they have to rebuild whole neck because of small replacement (Kahler Nut -> Floyd Nut)...that's how it goes..I guess.

Comment

Nice CS KV!!
                                AK47, I really like your Blood Splatter KV also, that is so sinister looking, and one of the nicest KV's I've seen on here.
                                'Howling in shadows
                                Living in a lunar spell
                                He finds his heaven
                                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                                X