No announcement yet.

My Custom Shop KV (Black /w Red Bevels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's truly awesome. You have good taste!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

This is REALLY cool man, congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
        That's what Jackson recommended to use. They even sent email and asked about that.
        At least they asked you if you wanted a Kahler nut. They ruined 2 of my CS orders by just putting them on after the WO said Floyd nut. I got them to rebuild one but the other I am assed out on.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          At least they asked you if you wanted a Kahler nut. They ruined 2 of my CS orders by just putting them on after the WO said Floyd nut. I got them to rebuild one but the other I am assed out on.
          You wanted Floyd nut but they put Kahler? What's wrong with Kahler nut?

Comment

You wanted Floyd nut but they put Kahler? What's wrong with Kahler nut?
            Everything is wrong with a Kahler nut when you SPECIFY on your order that you want a Floyd nut.

Other than that, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              Everything is wrong with a Kahler nut when you SPECIFY on your order that you want a Floyd nut.

Other than that, nothing.
              Yes...well..I mean...I understand it sucks to get something you haven't ordered.

I just asked because Kahler nut works somehow better than Floyd, IMO.

AK47: Maybe a stupid question but did you ordered Kahler with Floyd nut?
              Last edited by Ben_D; 10-11-2008, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Yes...well..I mean...I understand it sucks to get something you haven't ordered.

It's personal preference really.

I have heard some people complain about the Kahler nut because sometimes the strings get caught in the actual nut itself when doing dives etc, so the strings don't return to where they're supposed to and the guitar winds up out of tune.

This could be avoided as long as the nut is filed properly for the string gauge you're using and making sure it's lubricated. But some folks just try to alleviate that issue altogether and just get a Floyd nut.

Comment

AK47: Maybe a stupid question but did you ordered Kahler with Floyd nut?
                  I have plenty of experience with both styles of nuts. It is my opinion and I know other feel differently that the Kahler nut flat out is a bad design. See what Brian said above it is very true. Also the Kahler locking nut is after the actual nut so this causes all types of problems for keeping the guitar in tune.

IMO Floyd nut with Kahler is the way to go. How come Hanneman and Cantrell had their Kahler locking nuts removed and replaced with Floyd nuts on their guitars? The answer is they need a guitar that can stay in tune throughout a whole show.

I love my Kerry King ESP V it has a Kahler and Floyd nut. The thing stays in tune no matter how hard you wank on it. Also I have a G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell sig and it is recessed with a Floyd nut. That guitar is bad ass. I had an older Rampage with a Kahler nut it and it was cool till you started to use the tremolo and it slowly but surely went flat.

This is why I did not compromise with a Kahler nut on my CS order. They had to angle the neck on the guitar to use a Floyd nut with Kahler so my CS Jackson had to be rebuilt.
                  Last edited by AK47; 10-11-2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                    I have plenty of experience with both styles of nuts. It is my opinion and I know other feel differently that the Kahler nut flat out is a bad design. See what Brian said above it is very true. Also the Kahler locking nut is after the actual nut so this causes all types of problems for keeping the guitar in tune.

IMO Floyd nut with Kahler is the way to go. How come Hanneman and Cantrell had their Kahler locking nuts removed and replaced with Floyd nuts on their guitars? The answer is they need a guitar that can stay in tune throughout a whole show.

I love my Kerry King ESP V it has a Kahler and Floyd nut. The thing stays in tune no matter how hard you wank on it. Also I have a G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell sig and it is recessed with a Floyd nut. That guitar is bad ass. I had an older Rampage with a Kahler nut it and it was cool till you started to use the tremolo and it slowly but surely went flat.

This is why I did not compromise with a Kahler nut on my CS order. They had to angle the neck on the guitar to use a Floyd nut with Kahler so my CS Jackson had to be rebuilt.
                    I had 86 Charvel Model 6 with Kahler tremolo and Kahler nut...no problems. Stayed in tune very well.

You have CS KV?
                    Last edited by Ben_D; 10-11-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I never had any problems with a Kahler string lock going out of tune. The only issue I can recall, is that they usually turn the strings all sharp when you tighten the clamps, but then most Floyd locking nuts do this too. Floyd locking nuts are okay, as far as they do what they're supposed to, but they suck shit compared to a proper piece of bone for a nut. Plus, the bottom edge is pointy and irritates my hand. I have to file down the corner to make them tolerable. The fact is, they do not place the strings as accurately as a properly cut bone nut, and I guarantee that they suck tone. I suppose the best case scenario is to use a bone nut, with locking tuners.

Comment

No, the best of both worlds would actually be to have a Kahler with a Floyd nut. Why they recommended a behind-the-nut Kahler lock is pretty dumb on their part.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm happy....got what I wanted and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            No, the best of both worlds would actually be to have a Kahler with a Floyd nut. Why they recommended a behind-the-nut Kahler lock is pretty dumb on their part.

But like I said. I dislike Floyd nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                              But like I said. I dislike Floyd nuts.

Behind the nut string lock offers a lot more adjustment with the nut though, doesn't it?

Comment

I had 86 Charvel Model 6 with Kahler tremolo and Kahler nut...no problems. Stayed in tune very well.

You have CS KV?
                                I ordered both a CS KV and a CS soloist here are pics. I never took delivery of the KV since they did not want to rebuild it. I am awaiting the inlays on my soloist.

Like I said I dont care for the Kahler nut and thats my opinion others like it and swear by it.

Comment

Working...
                                X