Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had a CS order recently screwed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
    If you're satisfied in the end, will you be back in on that KV run with the TOM?
    No, I am done with Jackson. They can do without my money from now on.

I am getting more into Les Pauls and Fenders as well as build it your self boutique type stuff.

FMIC started off as an awesome thing for Charvel/Jackson for about one year and everyone was getting their custom orders in that they only dreamed were possible years prior then all of a sudden they just started with all these stupid policies like "Artist Similar" and the price hike. They cut their own throats.

From the CS being backlogged to now being pretty bare according to current and former FMIC employees speaks volumes. It all happened right around the time of the new policies and price hike. I still think they cant figure this out.

I mean they took the "Artist Similar" policy so far as not not allow certain specs if they could allow the guitar to be changed at a later date to the original "Artist similar" config. WTF?

ETA I want to add that there are alot of good FMIC employees that I personally have dealt with that have their hands tied by others in the corporate structure. I know alot of them visit this forum and they know who they are and I hope they do not take my comments personally.
    Last edited by AK47; 07-11-2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Regarding the nut, I suppose it would be possible to just let a luthier install a Floyd one, can't be that difficult really. And even if i would not look 100% factory installed, it would most likely still both look and work great.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
        Regarding the nut, I suppose it would be possible to just let a luthier install a Floyd one, can't be that difficult really. And even if i would not look 100% factory installed, it would most likely still both look and work great.
        I would take a loss on 700 dollars then have to deal with unpainted neck and wrong nut I would have to have repaired. The shelf has to be cut on the fretboard for that. In the end it would cost me more than 700 to do those things.

I would rather use the money for a Les Paul VOS then pay off a balance on a guitar I do not want or did not order.

Comment

I happen to know of a guy who frequents this forum who's a Gibson Custom Shop Super Dealer, which means he specializes in the "good stuff" you mention above!
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
            I happen to know of a guy who frequents this forum who's a Gibson Custom Shop Super Dealer, which means he specializes in the "good stuff" you mention above!
            I think I may be in touch with this Gibson dealer you speak of when I find out what happens with my King V order.

I am very happy we got the soloist headstock taken care of. I look forward to receiving it.

Comment

Oh, I forgot about the unpainted neck...

That really sucks to get so many customs screwed up, especially such a nice one.

Comment

I doubt the guitar generator mock up had anything to do with the screw up. The Sergio custom RR had a mockup pic sent to the custom shop that clearly showed pin stripes and the WO said pins. They painted bevels instead.
                They clearly can't accurately build a custom guitar anymore.

Comment

Then how do you explain this?

Last edited by Newc; 07-12-2008, 04:41 PM.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

You got lucky if thats what your asking about the custom shop making you what you wanted.

If you are talking about the Floyd nut. Click Kahler bridge on the CS generator and it shows a Kahler Locking nut. No way to change it.

Comment

Just wanted to put pics of the Charvel that got a warped neck that is supposed to be getting repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Right... The 1 time they should have screwed up and added a volume knob, they follow directions to a T.
                        Wasn't there issues with the neck being off kilter when you got it though? Or was that the 7 string Warrior?

Comment

Damn this whole topic makes me feel very uneasy about getting a CS...man at 5000$...
                          I would be fucking offended to receive something that aint EXACTLY as I asked
                          and if theres a doubt on the WO sheet, then for christ's sake, at this cost, call the customer or something!

if I get a CS done, I will definately ask constant updates, pics or whatever, and wont accept anything below perfection, and now Im paranoid since the CS Ive been planning as a lot of differences with the basic RR1 even tho its based on that model

Comment

This KV is really interesting. Someone bought it, or a shop sell it .?
                            Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Originally posted by zebutcher View Post
                              This KV is really interesting. Someone bought it, or a shop sell it .?
                              Contact Music Zoo if you are intrested in buying it. Looks like I may have lost my deposit on this one.

Comment

Thanks man. Maybe it could be done a happy buyer.
                                Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Working...
                                X