Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had a CS order recently screwed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPADTE #2 on the Soloist.

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

They did the same logo but got the nut correct. I told Matt who has been a class act and very patient with me that I will pay out of pocket to get it fixed at this point. Thats correct you heard me. A 4000+ dollar custom that I am willing to pay more money out of my own pocket to get the correct headstock.

I would like to really Thank Matt he has gone above and beyond to help.

Comment

MAn

I LOVE that king V, I think that's godamn amazing!

having said that is your Seasons KV-380 Custom up for sale?

thanks

C

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
        MAn

I LOVE that king V, I think that's godamn amazing!

having said that is your Seasons KV-380 Custom up for sale?

thanks

C

The idea was the Jackson you see was supposed to replace it so I could either sell it or stow it away and not have to worry about it getting damaged.

Judging by whats happening I think the ESP is not going anywhere.

I mean I cant beleive this. They quote me a price send a WO with Gun Stock oil finish as an option. I tell them this is incorrect and they send me a revised WO that is correct and I sign off on it. Now they are saying it was in the WO since they never used the revised WO.

I would have never speced Gun oil neck as you can see its a replacement for my ESP KKV and spec'd accordingly. Of course you cant go right out and say it on the WO because then they wont build it since it would be "Artist Similar" Arghhhh!!!

Last edited by AK47; 07-03-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

What a nightmare!!! But, I commend you AK47 for sticking to your guns and forcing them to make it right. I have seen other threads where people are just worn down from wait times and will accept whatever arrives. I mean, if you order a cheeseburger and get a hotdog, you will make the restaurant get you what you order. I am glad you are holding the $5000.00 custom shop builders to the same standard that we expect from those serving $3.50 burgers.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I am considering a Custom Shop order, but may have to go off the rack after hearing about your nightmare. I think the Custom Shop maybe getting to big. I have had great luck with other builders in the past, including GMP, McNaught, and Anderson. I still can't get over the fact they made such basic screw ups on your order(s). For the prices they charge you would think they'd get it right. These things cost more than a McNaught which is just crazy considering the McNaught is hand made and uses choice exotic woods etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Green Pro Am View Post
              Sorry to hear about your troubles. I am considering a Custom Shop order, but may have to go off the rack after hearing about your nightmare. I think the Custom Shop maybe getting to big. I have had great luck with other builders in the past, including GMP, McNaught, and Anderson. I still can't get over the fact they made such basic screw ups on your order(s). For the prices they charge you would think they'd get it right. These things cost more than a McNaught which is just crazy considering the McNaught is hand made and uses choice exotic woods etc..

I noticed your username. I love my Tom Anderson Pro Am's I have a 1988 and its beat to hell but its my go to guitar. I am a fan of the late 80's pro am's with the bowling ball finish.

I own and have always been in the mentatility that neck thru is superior but I have to say there is something about an Anderson strat.

Comment

UPDATE on the King V,

I am trying to find the correct WO and if I cant I am going to be out my 700 dollar deposit. I really dont know where that Gun stock oil finish spec came up on the WO. I looked on Jackson site and did not see it on the automated spec sheet. Also even the wrong WO says Nut: "FR bone" ? WTF?

I am going to go out of pocket if I have to and get my soloist. I mean if I really have to I will find someone with a old Factory waterslide decal since I do not want a repro contract the artist myself to have the headstock redone. I am not giving up the soloist.

Comment

Question: Are work orders filled out by hand or typed up?

It does seem odd that they're making simple-yet-major mistakes with yours when they got my War Angel 100% correct, which was a totally custom body shape.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Question: Are work orders filled out by hand or typed up?

It does seem odd that they're making simple-yet-major mistakes with yours when they got my War Angel 100% correct, which was a totally custom body shape.
                    I do them online get the PDF then edit them in MSpaint to put in Drawings comments and pictures.

Most are done online submiited then Jackson sends there yellow and grey collored WO back to you with a quote. You review it for mistakes and sign off on it if its correct.

Comment

Ah. I wasn't sure if the dealer takes your digital-mockups and writes them out by hand, and that's where the trouble was.

Seems to be some sort of organizational problem at Jackson. Last I heard the Customs were being done by Shannon, Pablo, and one or two other people, not the guys that are doing the USA Select stuff. If that's the case, they're either too swamped or they need some organizational help - maybe have someone go over the WO and gather all the hardware and put tags on each wood piece with details such as "Floyd nut" on the head that will be mated to the neck, "xx Inlays" for the board, "painted" or "oiled" for the neck, and specify the pickup/controls layout and bridge type such as "2-hum-Kahler-VT3way", etc etc.

At this point I think they should try something at least, but then as you say, the wrong WO was being used.

I'm still convinced my 7-string Warrior had to be rebuilt because they built it as a 6-string the first time - there was a pic posted about that time where you can see a Blood Drip Warrior in the rack, but it looked like a 6 string with regular pointy head.
                      Then again, IIRC, Matt did say they had to redo something on it.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Small update. My Charvel was authorized to be sent back to Jackson from my nearest GC/FMIC repair center for hopefully a new neck.

Have not heard a update on the Jacksons customs.

Comment

Thought I'd chime in here... I'm just waiting for a response from the custom shop on what course of action they suggest on correcting the Digi Camo Soloist.

It's unfortunate the same problem happened twice, especially when the work order is so clear. I'd like to thank Jason for being so patient throughout this thing.
                          Last edited by mattsmusiccenter; 07-10-2008, 11:48 AM.
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

In a good way I guess,when I sent my San Dimas back for the headstock/logo refinish, they applied a "Strathead" logo(much smaller logo than the pointy's should have).I actually like because of that and only screw counters will notice.
                            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Woo Hoo!

They are going to refinish the headstock on my soloist and will not charge me for it.

So that 2 out of 3.

I think the King V I may be assed out on. I did find the original submission sheets to Jackson cannot find the revised WO yet. Gun Oil was never specified plus I attached a JPG of the control mock up using the JCF custom shop editor. When you use a Kahler on the program it places a Kahler nut so they may have went by the mockup.

Spec sheet said Locking then revised said bone/FR. I really did not think they still made the Kahler locking nut but I should have been real clear on the WO. I will see what Jackson says about that.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                                Woo Hoo!

They are going to refinish the headstock on my soloist and will not charge me for it.

So that 2 out of 3.

I think the King V I may be assed out on. I did find the original submission sheets to Jackson cannot find the revised WO yet. Gun Oil was never specified plus I attached a JPG of the control mock up using the JCF custom shop editor. When you use a Kahler on the program it places a Kahler nut so they may have went by the mockup.

Spec sheet said Locking then revised said bone/FR. I really did not think they still made the Kahler locking nut but I should have been real clear on the WO. I will see what Jackson says about that.
                                If you're satisfied in the end, will you be back in on that KV run with the TOM?

Comment

Working...
                                X