Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had a CS order recently screwed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you specify a Floyd nut on the work order? I can easily see how they would have assumed using a Kahler nut for a Kahler bridge, if there was no spec instructing otherwise. That's pretty standard.

The oiled neck is just bizarre. Not sure how screw-ups like that happen.

So far, I've been lucky with my custom shop orders. They've only "missed" a spec once or twice for me. And each time it was something where they did follow the work order but misinterpreted what I said. And extremely minor stuff, at that. So probably as much my fault (for not being totally clear) as their's. We're all human, I guess.

Killer guitar, BTW. Love the inlays.

Comment

That looks like the Kahler fixed bridge, why a locking nut at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        That looks like the Kahler fixed bridge, why a locking nut at all?

- 1 looks like the Trem version to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
          - 1 looks like the Trem version to me.
          Ah, nevermind...I was looking at the faraway shot....and haven't had my morning coffee yet. Carry on!

Comment

I haven't had anything new come in for a while and don't have anything currently in the mill but... on my other customs, they did take it upon themselves to do some things that weren't on the specs. For example, they countersunk the knobs on one of my Warriors, and they added chrome electronics plates to my Death Kelly. Both of us those things were really cool additions to me though. I believe I was asked if I wanted a Kahler or Floyd nut when I didn't specify which I wanted. I do know that one of my Warriors had to be rebuilt because it was really screwed up and the screwed up one ended up for sale at another dealer. Another one got the neck re-built after I saw in progress pics and didn't like how they were doing the neck. The final guitars turned out perfect though. Everything was 100% on all of them in the end.

Love the blood drip V. Looks great with the diamond inlays. Too bad about the neck finish. That would probably be a deal-breaker for me too.

Scott
            Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I've been reading a lot about custom orders being screwed up, on here and with the ESP custom shop. It really puts me off getting a custom from them.
              Whats worse is the people defending the guitar companies. When you pay big money for a guitar it has to be 100% right.
              I work in a joinery shop, and everything has to be exactly fucking spot on, absolutely anything that needs to be changed has to be run by the customer. The customer service i've read about when it comes to custom guitars is shocking to be honest.

Comment

First thing first.

Yes the WO says Floyd nut on both orders.

One last thing I forgot to mention see my custom shop Charvel in my Avatar. That one came with a warped neck that I Still have to send in to FMIC warranty repair place. SO that makes 3 for 3. I just did not have time to deal with it yet since I have been away on business for a while.

There is a thread on my Charvel CS from last year in the Charvel USA section. They made one small spec mistake that I let go. I wanted the Custom Shop Logo in Gold instead of black. Now I can understand a mistake like that and if I made a stink about that it would be out of line. The warped neck sucks though.

Comment

2 for 2 with me a few years back. They did make them mostly right in the end so I never made big deal about it (one was a run and others didnt think so, but the screw up they wouldnt fix was not the be all/end all for me considering the introduction of the artist ban which, in part, stopped a re-build).

After that, I determined that the CS will not get any more of my money.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                    I had two orders in the last 6 months that were just totally screwed.

I mean all they had to do is follow the WO. Its like they are just putting stuff on the custom that they think you will like not what you ordered.
                    That sucks. Are we sure all of the people in the Custom Shop can even read English?
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      That sucks. Are we sure all of the people in the Custom Shop can even read English?

I would have no problem doing the specs in two languages to make sure I got my CS correct next time.

Comment

Is it even possible to translate the word "floyd"?
                        How can anyone working in a guitar custom shop not understand it?
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Scary

You stories scares me. I'm awaiting my CS and if it's not correct I don't know what to do.

I've already been contacted once. They asked me if I wanted a MOP outline on my inlay. (The Inlays are half in MOP, half in Ebony)
                          I mailed back and asked why the outline. Then I get to know that they had put a Ebony fretboard on my guitar instead of the Maple that I ordered. I hope they don't fuck up anything else...
                          '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                          '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                          '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                          '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                          '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                          '13 Gibson M-III
                          Taylor 214CE
                          Dean 6-string Bass
                          Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I've been playing Charvels and Jacksons forever. I love my Jacksons... But they lost my business in 2004. After that fiasco, I'll go out of my way to never give them another penny.

Didn't someone order on on here and it have the wrong bridge installed awhile back?
                            IIRC a dealer in England ordered a custom for himself with a Floyd and it showed up with a V trem. Hell, they even hose the dealers.:ROTF:

Comment

I think they use a Spec wheel.

Its a wheel of fortune type wheel with specs written on it instead of numbers. Like "Maple board" "Kahler Nut" and "Recessed controls" so when they pull up your WO. They either throw a dart or spin the wheel. Whatever spec it lands on you get.

Comment

UPDATE!

They are claiming it was on the work order the Unfinished neck. The truth is when I was getting my initial quote from Jackson they cam back with my quote and WO. I noticed two mistakes and notified the dealer. Jackson put these specs in when returning my quote.

I never have nor will ever buy a neckthu guitar with a unfinished neck a strat maybe.

I wanted a guitar that would replace my ESP KKV so I specced it accordingly.

They used a old WO for my order but it still does not explain the Kahler nut.
                                Last edited by AK47; 07-03-2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X