No announcement yet.

Jackson Archtop Soloist Gallery / Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No no it's exactly the same. Mine is slanted upper right to down left like catalog'.... Look carefully. (i have the catalog not a scan so i can tell you)

I can tell you more coz on catalog you can clearly see the 2 circles behind the floyd on the maple top. It have exactly the same wave on quilted top. So no doubt on it.

Here the pic of the SLATQ-H

and yes i sold it to buy the green one. ^^
    Last edited by zebutcher; 07-19-2008, 03:49 PM.
    Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Weird. The front of the catalog looks like it goes down to the left on the bass side. I guess my eyes are deceiving me then. Anyway, that's one gorgeous guitar!!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

On this pic :

Yes it does. But into catalog it's exactly like mine.

And yes it's a gorgeous one.

Comment

Is it possible that Jackson did two versions and the one on the cover isn't exactly the same as the one you own that's on page 27? They've been known to do copies of certain guitars before, but just a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Looks the opposite way to me. They're both slanted down, but his is to the right, the one in the catalog is slanted down to the left (Jake E. Lee style).
            http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=61&pos=26
            The single coil looks slanted away from the fretboard on the trebble side to me in all the pictures, apart from in the catalogue in Zebutcher's photo. That's appears to just be because of the fold in the catalogue, as can be seen by comparing it to Henrik's scan as posted by Drizzt.

So, Joe, either you've been drinking... or I have.

Beautiful guitars, by the way, Zebutcher.

Comment

Is it possible that Jackson did two versions and the one on the cover isn't exactly the same as the one you own that's on page 27? They've been known to do copies of certain guitars before, but just a little different.
              Yes, it could be, just like this one:

a variation on a theme.

But to me, as far as I can tell, the guitar is the same one on the catalog.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                So, Joe, either you've been drinking... or I have.
                I think we both have been drinking!

Comment

Just go here, you will understand that is exactly the same :

http://thedeadbodies.free.fr/Instrum...omparaison.jpg

You can check the numbers of waves on the top between the 2 pickups, it's exactly the same. (or everyelse part of the maple top)

But the point into the wood confirm it. On my pics it's too shiny so you only see the deepest area.

Comment

I think we both have been drinking!
                    Forget this guitar stuff. I'm about to go drinking and you're welcome to come along!

Comment

God what a bunch of ESP Horizon ripoffs :P, im gonna go now this tread almost made me lose control of my bodily fluids.....all of them..... at once!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarnut1980 View Post
                        God what a bunch of ESP Horizon ripoffs :P, im gonna go now this tread almost made me lose control of my bodily fluids.....all of them..... at once!

Ummm.

What is a rip off of what? Lest get things straight here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                          Ummm.

What is a rip off of what? Lest get things straight here.
                          dinky, solist archtops ripoff of horizon. it was a joke you know haha supposed to laugh. I know that they actually appeared years before the horizon did

Comment

More archtops added

Finally after 2 years I've rummaged through my pics again and sadly only have 21 new to add, 2 of which were posted in this thread anyways. So that's only 19. And there's been at least 100 produced since (last go ended at 498, now have one at 597)
                            They are mostly older ones, have only 6 of the last 100 were built.

Not making much progress LOL. Anyways, figured I've revive an old thread, adding in the new ones. I'm too lazy to edit and insert so just pasting below.

Comment

and since each post is limited to 20 images, here's the 21st all to itself LOL

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile
                                It's pretty much my goal in life to own an Archtop soloist in tobacco sunburst like this one. I'll probably order one from the CS in a few years

Comment

Working...
                                X