Jackson PC1 - New vs. Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson PC1 - New vs. Used

MD... that "whistle" can be adjusted out.
    There are two trim pots on the board that can be tweaked to trim out some of the garbage. Sounds like it's actualy running a bit hot.
    Also, make sure the sustainer driver and the hum are both set to the same height.
    -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I've heard both numbers, but that sounds more reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both are correct and both are list.. 600 is for "production" instruments and 300 is for full blown customs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The $600 upcharge for stratheads on production guitars was bad info. No such animal. Custom shop only, at a $300 option upcharge.

Comment

I bought a brand new Red Rum PC1 in 2003 for $1300. It seems the Au Natural and Solar finishes don't command the higher prices. Chlorine and Red Rum seem to do pretty good used.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I bought a brand new Red Rum PC1 in 2003 for $1300. It seems the Au Natural and Solar finishes don't command the higher prices. Chlorine and Red Rum seem to do pretty good used.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't go wrong with a price like that. My Mocha was about the same.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I personally prefer the chlorine, though I've read elsewhere on JCF that some feel the quality of the chlorine color and quilt isn't as good on the new ones as the old ones.

Wow, 1300 is an awesome deal, I'm sure prices have gone up since then but I'd love to pick up a new one for that price, won't hold my breath...

Comment

What do you guys think a 97 or 98 PC1 in mint is worth? Signed by Phil. Solar with a great top..Pretty sure it is Mahogany and not Koa but not 100% certain. Ballpark?? $1800 -$200 maybe??

Comment

It depends if you think an artist signature increases the value of the guitar or not.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    It depends if you think an artist signature increases the value of the guitar or not.
                    If it can't be removed with rubbing alcohol, naptha or acetone, it hurts the value, IMO.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by EX2 View Post
                      What do you guys think a 97 or 98 PC1 in mint is worth? Signed by Phil. Solar with a great top..Pretty sure it is Mahogany and not Koa but not 100% certain. Ballpark?? $1800 -$200 maybe??
                      Why are you bumping a 7 year old thread instead of just starting a new one?

I've seen a Solar for $1300 in the past few years.

If you really have to know, put it on ebay with a huge reserve and see what people bid it up to.

Comment

[QUOTE=DonP;1577615]Why are you bumping a 7 year old thread instead of just starting a new one?

Does it matter?

Comment

With all due respect, researching eBay completed listings is going to be a better and more current assessment of potential selling price. (And your range seems too high, BTW)

As to bumping a 7 year old thread, that's just plain etiquette and common sense. No one wants to see threads that old resurrected like some kind of zombie unless there's a compelling reason.

Comment

I am a lefty so I pretty much have to go new all the time. There just aren't that many left handed players who are willing to part with a good guitar for a reasonable price around here. See my other post about the guy with the 87 USA soloist that was beat to shit and he still wanted $1500.00 for it! I told him to go piss up a flag pole. But if someone has a guitar that's used and they're reasonable with the price I see no issue with buying used as long as it's still structurally sound and has no major issues. This guy up here actually lives two blocks from me and I showed him plenty of USA select soloist on ebay in way better condition than his that were selling in the $1200.00 to $1500.00 range and he's still telling me "Oh i know it's worth more than that." He recessed the strap buttons himself and did a shit job of it. The paint was horrible with all kinds of front and back and side body scratches,dings and dents. In the end I told him what everyone on here said that it was worth maybe $700.00 to $800.00 dollars but he didn't want to hear it so I walked. Just make sure you get what you want for a price that works for you.
                            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

DP
                              Last edited by vklobucar; 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I scored a pretty clean Solar less than two months ago for $960 from eBay and its an 1998 with a killer quilt neck and great top too.

Two weeks later ebay got me a super clean Mocha for just under $1100 so the deals are out there.

I prefer the older two knob Sears headstock version for many different reasons but that's just me.

The simplicity of the layout not to mention the wood selection of the necks and bodies is superior IMHO.

Love all of my PC1's !!!!
                                Last edited by vklobucar; 08-20-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X