Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warrior

LOL - Yeah the interesting stuff usually crawls out of the woodwork in these threads. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Joe - Do you play your guitars with painted trems much? How've they held up?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

What if I'd want a snowwhite WR1 with matching headstock, bolt-on neck and no inlays? Is this completely custom-shop or can some of these specs be obtained with a 'normal' order?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey dude,
      You can get real close to that with the Made In Japan WRMG. It has those piranha inlays but maybe you can stain em out:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...o=WRMG_Warrior

I'm considering doing something real similar.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You'd be better off trying one first before buying, just to see if it's right for you. I've owned a Kelly and Warrior (both were import, bolt-on models). They both were comfortable sitting, but the Warrior felt weird standing... it seemed to sit a little to the left and felt like I was reaching over farther with my left hand on the neck than any other guitar I've played, which was a little uncomfortable to me. The Kelly was cool, but the body seemed to tilt down away from my stomach and I had to put my strap over the body to keep it tilted back.
        Strats, Dinkies and Les Pauls feel more comfortable to me overall.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it has been said before, but it´s true, the warrior is very comfy. i think i will buy a second one this year.
          here is mine:
          WRXT body with the neck of a dinky reverse, dimarzio evo brigde and J-90C in neck position. changed the hardware from chrome to black.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

What if I'd want a snowwhite WR1 with matching headstock, bolt-on neck and no inlays? Is this completely custom-shop or can some of these specs be obtained with a 'normal' order?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey dude,
            You can get real close to that with the Made In Japan WRMG. It has those piranha inlays but maybe you can stain em out:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...o=WRMG_Warrior

I'm considering doing something real similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid question but how is the quality of the woods, electronics, hardware (except for the floyd) used in comparison with the usa select series? Are these series the best after the select ones?
            The rosewood is not that big of an issue. It tends to be warmer then ebony, doesn't it? I actually prefer the piranha teeth above sharkfin. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            But it's not available in Snow White [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Paint it. Replace electronics. Much cheaper than a custom shop. Body wood is alder, just like most USA Selects.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I know, but the select series might have a better quality of alder?
                Anyway, thanks all!!

Comment

dont some of the imports have particle laminated with real plys? im sorry im not up to date on the import guitars but that it what i heard.

chris

Comment

go for the warrior. it has perfect balance while sitting or standing and is a much "rarer" guitar because they werent a production guitar for 10 years.

Comment

You owe it to yourself to get one the Warrior isn't really like any other shape out there. It looks like it would be uncomfortable & awkward to play but it's just the oppisite.
                      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                      X