Awesome SL with FR Speedloader Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Awesome SL with FR Speedloader Bridge

I have thought about this for a while and I dont really think that this new floyd is a great idea. I mean, there is really nothing wrong with the OFR bridges. I can change strings fast enough and dont have to buy special overpriced strings. Not only that but how in the world do you get the strings on there and brought to tension?? Is there some special tool to bring the string to the proper tension so its in tune?? this one puzzles me. ANyone know, how bout you Black Mariah?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

It just looks totally strange with no strings and tuners past the nut. The headless design would be better, IMO, but then we lose the cool pointy headstock. Maybe if they put Schaller or Sperzel locking tuners on the headstock and kept the new bridge the same for sliding the balls of the strings in, it would be much better (as long as the wraps around the balls can't stretch or unwind at all).
      I still don't think there's anything wrong with the old Floyd system!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The only thing I like about these new bridges is the way they look. That flame Jackson and especially the BC Rich look awesome! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] However, it's just too complicated with the prestretched strings and crap. I see no improvment over the original floyds other than saving wow, 10-20 minutes on string changes. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] If you wanna go this route than you might as well just use Steinbergers.

Comment

Ummm... In sweden a ernie ball 10-46 string pack already costs 10 bucks... I guess the speed loader strings would cost about 20 bucks... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I'll just stick to my synchronised treomolos [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I think I want tuners too.

Matt

Comment

I kinda like it.
              </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Be a nice retrofit for neck-thrus/set-necks with headstock damage.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Easy truss-rod access!</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can you say 'interchangeable headstocks'?</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] I'd like to see a non-trem application!
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I see a freight damaged $200 neck thru Soloist in my future with a FR-SL on it. AND NO I don't like the way it looks, but it lends itself to repairing headstock damaged guitars well.

Comment

Very cool looking.

Comment

The Steinberger TransTrem has it all over the Floyd Speed Loader imho (no I haven't actually PLAYED a Speed Loader yet, but bear with me)... Admittedly, the TransTrem has the same disadvantages (as well as all of the advantages) as the Floyd SL EXCEPT the TransTrem offers useful, musical advantages such as "in tune" chord whammy-ing and the ability to shift to different tunings "on the fly". So I really don't understand why anyone would go with the Speed Loader where there are superior solutions available... I echo what many others have said in believing it'll crash'n'burn...

Comment

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

No Sir. I dont like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X