Re: Awesome SL with FR Speedloader Bridge

[img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Sacriledge

Comment

That looks weird

Comment

The guitar is a work of art,shame about the trem [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

It just looks so INCOMPLETE!!...naked, if you will! Plus I think FR is trying to corner the market to get people to buy their strings...LOL!

You know what would be a real oddball?...one of these guitars, with piezo humbuckers mounted under the top. Nothing on the face of the guitar, but the FR (LMAO!....Piezo humbuckers....what the f*** am I thinking?!?) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

~WX7

Comment

I don't like it. I don't think I could get used to the whole no machine head look. I also dont like the idea of being limited to using only their strings.
              I used to use ernie ball .009 and tried a set of D'Addario of the same guage and they feel much different to me. Now that's all I use. Maybe that's just me.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that headstock looks awefull imo [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If it isn't broken dont fix it. The time saved with a Speed Loader isn't worth the sacrifice of the "Mini Harp Tones" that are fun to improvise with.

I dont feel the Speed Loader system will enhance any guitarists musicianship. It is not for me.. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

Sustain is just fine, thank you. The strings cost about $2 more per pack. Yeah, that's a real screwjob. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The strings are pre stretched, so they don't go out of tune when you put them on.

Number of the Priest: Well, the whole point of these things is that you don't have to do that. All you do is grab a new string, yank the other out, and replace it. You're talking about maybe 5-10 seconds instead of a minute or so to hunt down an allen wrench, undo it, unwrap some string from the post, hold it in the saddle, retighten it, then tune it up and retune the entire guitar. This thing eliminates all that crap.

But, that doesn't mean I like it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

They need to put something where the tuning pegs used to be....like a cup holder or something,maybe a t.v. remote holder so when your jammin at home you can channel surf at the same time. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

That thing doesn't make my load want to speed out any faster! [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] As a matter of fact, it's making me limp!! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, I definitely see the advantage to the Speedloader when Black Mariah puts it in that perspective.

But, I don't normally carry around an extra pack of strings in my case, although I probably should.

That's the advantage of the original Floyd and derivatives. Most of my breakages occur very close to the saddle, so I can still use the same string.

True, the Speedloader looks like a neat toy, and maybe I'd try one sometime, but I think I speak for most people when I say that Jackson should keep using the original Floyd, a true classic!

Comment

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The Speed Loader definitely has its advantages no doubt! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm with TJ, I get kinda limp looking at it too! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If I were going to order one of these from the Custom Shop, I think mine would go headless ala Steinberger.

For a dual-ball end string guitar, I would rather have a non-floating trem, like the Steinberger trems. My old Steinberger GL-4T was fun to play, although setting the TransTrem was a pain.

Comment

Working...
                                X