Awesome SL with FR Speedloader Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Awesome SL with FR Speedloader Bridge

I think I remember seeing a picture of a BC Rich that had it on the old board. That looked way cooler than the Jackson does with it. Maybe it's the finish? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, the Beast looks cooler because they actually did something unique with the headstock to make it more atractive without the Tuning Machines, etc.

Comment

Yeah man that rules! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

heY troY jUst curiOus aS to wHy tHe lEttErs iN yoUR siGnAturE arE liKe thAt? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd like to see that Rich headstock turned into a lavalamp, or something. That'd be groovy

Word, if you take just the capital letters out of Troy's sig, it spells LER. I think there's a lesson for us all there. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

No thanks, I want tuners on my headstock, but my greatgrandchildren might like it.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Very interesting what Black Mariah said about tuning it.

What happens when the strings stretch, as they normally do under typical circumstances? I find that, even though I stretch out new strings, it takes a little while for them to "settle" and stretch properly to retain a good tuning stability.

Looks like that Speedloader doesn't allow lower tunings, since you have to slide the saddles back and forth like intonation.

Comment

The only thing I can think is that maybe they will have specific gauge strings for specific tunings? Could get really complicated IMHO.

Comment

Yes, true!

And if you snap a string near the saddle (or anywhere else, for that matter), you can't let loose some extra string from the tuning machines and re-lock it down like you can with the original Floyd Rose and derivatives.

Why change the Floyd? It's been tried, tested, and true for what, 20 years now? Let it be, there's not a damn thing you can improve on it!

...Except that it's a smidge too hard to tune a Floyded guitar into CGCGCE tuning!

Comment

Gee, why don't we all just go out and buy Steinbergers?
                    I dont know guys, I am obviously too old fashioned for this. I dont like the way it looks at all.

Comment

That's a cool idea and all but you're going to get raped on string prices. I guess as of now Floyd Rose is the only company that makes whatever strings need to go in this thing so they'll be like $7 a pack....I'd rather just stick with the old FR instead...

Comment

cool [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I love that headstock, very cool. You are right about the strings, they gonna be high
                          www.kiddhavok.com
                          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

That just looks wrong ....
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

urgh, that's one nasty ass headstock, na-sty [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] look at how beautiful that bc rich looks though, its headstock actually looks better without the tuners

Comment

3 things:

1. I bet that they rip you off on the strings. Once you buy the bridge, you're committed to using their strings, and they can pretty much charge what they want for them...

2. Somebody mentioned a change in balance caused by the missing tuners. I read (on Guitarxpress, I think) that headstock mass is also related to sustain...I wonder if these axes will suffer in that department?

3. I think the radical no-tuners look looks cool on the pointy headstock. They should do something different (like BC Rich) to accentuate it more, but hey...this is probably just a prototype.

[ December 03, 2002, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: kunal ]

Comment

Working...
                                X