No announcement yet.

Help identify/value 87 bolt on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a cool guitar though id rock that fucker.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by jwpjr View Post
      Thanks to all the guys that pointed out all the things that I was also able to see in the pictures I have. Without answering the one question asked.

Mods can go ahead and shut this one down and delete this account as this obviously isn't going anywhere.

Along with changing some of these guys descriptions under their user names to

Captain Obvious 1
      Captain Obvious 2
      Captain Obvious 3
      Ect...

Whoops, didn’t realize the beating had already been delivered. Can’t compete w/Xeno’s shot. We’re done here
      Last edited by Vass; 01-18-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        You sound salty. I think I know why.

He couldn't even get the guy hard.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Too bad he left, I had his appraisal ready finally.

$347-455

Comment

If only that thing had a color matched reverse headstock...

Two questions for those that are still here -
            1. Is it normal for a Strat to fit in a chainsaw case? I have never seen one. They've always been in the rectangular cases.
            2. The preamp is gone. What kind of fun stuff can we do with 3 knobs on one pickup?

Comment

To answer the question about Jackson offering factory scalloped fretboards back then, I have a 1989 Rhoads that is factory scalloped from the 12-22 frets. A friend of mine originally ordered it that way and I bought it from him years later.
              I'm not saying the OP's particular guitar is factory scalloped but I know that at least in 1989 there is one for sure
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                I have a 1989 Rhoads that is factory scalloped from the 12-22 frets.
                Yes, same here (Soloist 12-24). It is the only scallop I have seen in person that I can confirm is a factory scallop.
                Does yours look like what is pictured? Mine are off centered and works much better for my playing technique (or lack thereof).

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                  1. Is it normal for a Strat to fit in a chainsaw case? I have never seen one. They've always been in the rectangular cases.
                  Pointy strat? Yeah, most of the silver chainsaw cases fit a strat. I don't remember if there's a specific dinky cut. Maybe the black Jackson logo'd chainsaws. I haven't owned either in a long time.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Pointy strat? Yeah, most of the silver chainsaw cases fit a strat. I don't remember if there's a specific dinky cut. Maybe the black Jackson logo'd chainsaws. I haven't owned either in a long time.
                    There are black and grey Jackson branded chainsaw cases molded for Strats. The black ones are a couple inches longer. There are Dinky-molded versions and Strats don't fit in them. There are also Strat/Dinky molded versions of the Jackson/Charvel rectangular
                    Gator cases and those aren't interchangeable either. I used to be able to pick out the Strat versions from decent pics of the interior but you rarely see them for sale anymore.

Comment

I am thinking of a username for this cat. Im feeling DOUCHEbag. More suited to the Ibanez anyway. Troll on!!

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                        Yes, same here (Soloist 12-24). It is the only scallop I have seen in person that I can confirm is a factory scallop.
                        Does yours look like what is pictured? Mine are off centered and works much better for my playing technique (or lack thereof).
                        The guitar is not currently in front of me right now but I don't recall them being off center. I remember when my friend ordered it and know it was done by Jackson. Back around that time he ordered a custom Eerie Dess Soloist as well, no scallops on that one though. He sold both with the Rhoads going to me a few years back
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          There are black and grey Jackson branded chainsaw cases molded for Strats. The black ones are a couple inches longer. There are Dinky-molded versions and Strats don't fit in them. There are also Strat/Dinky molded versions of the Jackson/Charvel rectangular
                          Gator cases and those aren't interchangeable either. I used to be able to pick out the Strat versions from decent pics of the interior but you rarely see them for sale anymore.
                          Learn something new everyday. I've only ever saw the rectangular cases for them.

Comment

Thanks for giving me a huge laugh when reading through this thread Some of the replies are pure magic

Comment

It's probably too late now, but for what it's worth, I have a very similar Jackson made in the same year, and if it's anything like mine, I can't recommend it enough. The serial number is in the 2000s
                              I've had mine for 25 years, and it hasn't missed a beat. Original Floyd Rose etc, . This is the only photo I have of it before I did some modifications with extra pickups

Last edited by Boogers; 01-30-2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaredio View Post
                                Thanks for giving me a huge laugh when reading through this thread Some of the replies are pure magic
                                Search his account and look at the other thread he started. There's some gold to be dug there too.
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X