No announcement yet.

1989 Jackson Tiger Super Strat Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what controls did it originally come with, just a volume and the toggle? I dunno, that layout looks ok... if it were just volume/toggle/tone, the tone knob wouldn't have been installed where it is, so either it's stock the way it is or the two micros and the tone were added later. But.... I have also seen a few late 80's strats and dinkys with atypical control layouts... an extra microswitch or a vol-switch/toggle-tone and they lay them out similarly, from what I recollect. If it's an 89 with brass in the cavity, it would have to be spec'd like that, because they stopped doing that in what, 86/87? I dunno.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'd guess volume and toggle originally, with the other three added.

Neither of mine are dated but are probably 89 (one has a JT-590). The Jackson Limited 88 appeared in, obviously, 88...with a JT6 and no pullup route but otherwise identical "Strat 24" body as far as I can tell. So maybe Jackson just built a few of these in 89 to get some use out of that template and never bothered to put it in the catalog. All the ones I've seen have splashy graphics and/or bold colors and/or odd controls. I've never seen a plain black one.

EDIT: Also the LTD 88 had that odd 12-string guitar recess...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        I was thinking overpriced by 1500 at least. Strat 24's were never very popular to begin with. Strat guys don't like them. Dinky guys don't like them. Then add on a polarizing paint job and questionable electronics and you have a guitar that very very few guitar players would even consider owning.
        Who was bang on with their estimate? This guy. Ended at just over 1k.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Who was bang on with their estimate? This guy. Ended at just over 1k.
          It went a little cheaper than I thought. A custom HS strat with ebony and sharkies? Someone got a good deal.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            A custom HS strat with ebony and sharkies? Someone got a good deal.
            If I didn't have a new custom shop HS strat with ebony and sharkies I would have been bidding on this one.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
            X