1989 Jackson Tiger Super Strat Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is the link. crazy price tho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Dinky-1989-USA-Bengal-Tiger-Custom-Shop-Super-Strat-Roland-GR33-/111667129304?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ffe1 2bd8

Comment

That's a stiff price to get a bunch of messed up mods dropped on you.

Comment

I feel like I've been ripped off or something.
        I never got a letter OR t-shirt with my purchase!

Comment

Guy shows up on the forum to try to sell his guitar he knows nothing about and then doesn't post a reply?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, for me it's overpriced by $700-$1000 because of the mods and 99.9% of the folks will not want the Roland guitar synth.

It's not really collectible any more.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Guy shows up on the forum to try to sell his guitar he knows nothing about and then doesn't post a reply?
              I hate when they come just for info. We do all the work... Still enjoy seeing these axes tho

Comment

The funny thing is they're going to pay ebay 10% of the selling price. A platinum membership is a lot less than that, a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                  Yeah, for me it's overpriced by $700-$1000 because of the mods and 99.9% of the folks will not want the Roland guitar synth.

It's not really collectible any more.
                  I was thinking overpriced by 1500 at least. Strat 24's were never very popular to begin with. Strat guys don't like them. Dinky guys don't like them. Then add on a polarizing paint job and questionable electronics and you have a guitar that very very few guitar players would even consider owning.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    I was thinking overpriced by 1500 at least. Strat 24's were never very popular to begin with. Strat guys don't like them. Dinky guys don't like them. Then add on a polarizing paint job and questionable electronics and you have a guitar that very very few guitar players would even consider owning.
                    I can't disagree but these are very cool guitars. I've got two of them. If this were priced fairly I might be interested. Hello? OP? Bueller?

Also they don't really have a name. According to the Jackson catalog, the Dinky is the true "Strat-24" :think:

EDIT: What the heck is up with the broken "thinking" emoticon on the JCF, anyways?? <insert thinking emote here>

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Also they don't really have a name. According to the Jackson catalog, the Dinky is the true "Strat-24" :think:
                      Hmmmmm but Dinkies were 22 frets to start with... I thought Dinkies were originally Dinky Strats. Then maybe they had Strat 24s and Dinky Strat 24. Though I though Dinkies didn't get 24 frets for a while.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        Hmmmmm but Dinkies were 22 frets to start with... I thought Dinkies were originally Dinky Strats. Then maybe they had Strat 24s and Dinky Strat 24. Though I though Dinkies didn't get 24 frets for a while.
                        Yeah it's all a mess. I think the "Strat 24 Dinky" was a mistake. I compiled a timeline at one point, which I'll repost again:

1986: 22-fret Strat appears without being identified
                        1987 - 1988: 22-fret Strat is a "Strat Body", Dinky is a "Dinky Strat"
                        1989: 22-fret Strat is a "Vintage Style", Dinky is a "Dinky Style"
                        1990 - 1991 : 22-fret Strat is a "Strat", Dinky is a "Strat-24"
                        1993 : 22-fret Strats appear under "custom options" without being identified, Dinky is a "Custom Dinky"
                        1994: Dinky is a "Dinky Custom", Strats no longer appear at all

The 24-fret Strat like in this thread never appears in a catalog.

Comment

Good timeline. wish there were more of them to get a good cross section of color options but if they were only a one year thing not going to be much variety
                          Blank yo!

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Dink...-/111672796306

$0.99 no reserve

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                              And its at $800 an hour later

Comment

It was @ $800 when I saw it. I just meant that it started @ $0.99 so he is going to find the true value.
                                Took about a day to get where it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X