jackson bolt on guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87jackson View Post
    If the neck feel good, if the guitar plays great and if you click with it, who cares where it was made. San Dimas or Ontario. Same guys making them, just at a different location. I'll never understand why some moron feels the need to spend double the $$ just to show off and say " I have a San Dimas made" guitar Honestly, I think it's the (I got the bigger dick syndrome) just like the idiots that have to have monster trucks
    Yeah well, I'm going to get in my San Dimas Monster truck and leave this thread!!! Larry, let's see the Escher Graphic - please?
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
      Yeah well, I'm going to get in my San Dimas Monster truck and leave this thread!!! Larry, let's see the Escher Graphic - please?
      Sure Jay!

Comment

that was the one I almost got on ebay. So your the one that beat me out. LOL. Anyway, Thanks everyone for responding to my question.

just curious what was your max bid? maybe you can put my mind at ease knowing I would have lost it anyway.
        Last edited by spaz; 04-26-2014, 11:17 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

Originally posted by spaz View Post
          Its really hard to track down when these jems were made and I think all jackson bolt ons were great guitars up til the end of 89. The only thing I didn't care for was 87 to 89 because most of the guitars they made they put those licenced floyds called the JT-6. in 89 they put another licenced floyd on them that was better but still didn't care for them as much. The bodys and necks were pretty much the same I think those JT-6 bridges were junk. I had one and I hated it ans sold the guitar to some guy in japan. The jackson bolt ons from 86 or earilar were the best ones. just my opinion. iF anyone has a 86 or earlier jackson bolt strat on that want to sell let me know. looking for strat,1 hum, maple or ebony board, floyd. Anyway, san dimas or onterio made they are all really nice guitars. Oh, I guess some jackson bolt-ons were made in 85 but not many. How do you post pictures on this. If I knew how I would post pics of my san dimas guitars for eye candy.

I like my jt6.

Comment

Thats cool! I didn't like it because the fine tuners didn't turn very good or as good as the real floyd. Maybe I just had a bad one.

Comment

Thats cool! I didn't like it because the fine tuners didn't turn very good or as good as the real floyd. Maybe I just had a bad one.
              Its not just you, a lot of people complain about them. A lot of people like them, too. To each their own.

Comment

I bet the guitar you got it on is sweet. I had about 5 89 jscksons that had a different licenced floyd with the string locks that were shorter...that bridge was better. I can't believe I sold them...real messed up at the time. That was the last time I bought a jackson new. I then started to buy used ones mostly 86 because they had real floyds...some of them. What year is your jacksons?

Comment

you wont find a Jackson bolton made prior to 86. what you will find is a charvel, w a jackson logo on the headstock. '86 starts the jackson neck plates, and officially jackson boltons as charvel became the import line. while these necks are pretty much the same, the bodys made after '86 change slightly.

Comment

that was the one I almost got on ebay. So your the one that beat me out. LOL. Anyway, Thanks everyone for responding to my question.

just curious what was your max bid? maybe you can put my mind at ease knowing I would have lost it anyway.
                    I don't remember exactly but it was significantly over what it sold for. It didn't go as high as I thought it would considering the condition and originality and features. :think:

Comment

That's freaking awesome! Great grab, congrats!!!
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post

DAMN! thats one of the coolest strat I've seen.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Spaz if it makes you feel better, the guitar was in great shape but had some loose factory build issues and needed a fret dress. It incurred a bit more expense than usual to get it top notch, and the issues were tricky. If you're not (and don't have access to) a highly skilled luthier, you would have had a dog of a guitar. I think that's why it traded hands a few times on the JCF recently before I got it off the bay. It rips now though, very tight!

Comment

I wanted that one too Axe its a very cool graphic.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I am actually looking for 86 jackson bolt on that have floyds on them. I understand the earlier jackson bolt-ons started in 86 maybe a few were made in 85. thanks for your info! Axewieler, thanks for your input. I wish I could have gotten that guitar but I wouldn't be able to afford much to get it to snuff. I was living in the twin cities but now live in a small town called oxford, WI where their is nobably here to work on the guitar. There is a place in madison but they are spendy. Becuae I lost on that guitar I got a different one that turned out to be a a fantastic player. 86 jackson bolt on w/ 1 hum, floyd, and maple board in red for $750.00. the only thing that was wrong is it had 4 very fine vertical cracks in the neck and the owner didn't tell me he just said one crack. I sent it to a guy in st paul, MN who is an expert in fixing things like this and he fixed it and garanteed it won't break there again. Thanks again to everyone here who responded to my question and discussing jackson bolt ons with me. As far as jackson bolt ons I would like to find one more mostly serial #s 1001-1505 with floyds....well the higher serial numbers are ok to. I really a like the real floyds and the graphics but who doesn't. Congrats to axewielder on his score and yes My mind is at ease but it is good that somebodyhere on the forum got it. the red one that I got instead is really a nice guitar! Thanks again everyone!!!

Comment

Finding a jackson bolt on prior to 86 Hmmm. There is a thread on this in the efraid of ebay section but there is that guy selling that jackson neck for 1999.99 pretty messed up but you suppose maybe that came off one of those last charvels. I wonder because he said the neck was dated 85 or maybe there were a few jackson bolt ons made in 85 but just a few. just a thought

Comment

Working...
                                X