No announcement yet.

2 Years And Counting: CS Wait Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, We have not changed the process. The edges are not rolled on the CNC. The CNC is used for the necks but they still do all the fine work by hand... final shaping and sanding. Next time I'm over at the factory I'll get a shot of a neck that has just been CNC'd. There is a lot of work that STILL must be done by hand. BUT, I agree, CNC isn't a bad thing. Just wanted to give you a bit more insight.

M

Comment

Well the 7 string CS Charvel I briefly owned had the edges rolled before the frets were installed.

So you're saying that's not typical and you don't roll the edges until after the frets are installed?
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't think he listed the work done after the cnc in order. All the usa promods I had had the edges rolled before the frets all the mij ones were done after(fucking hate the fell and look when they're done like that).

Comment

FWIW, all of the Glendora and Ontario necks I've seen had the edges rolled after fret installation.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
            Just wanted to give you a bit more insight.
            Thanks for checking in! I know I value the insight

Comment

Ahh, nothing like a good ol' fashioned epic derail.

Comment

The necks of my 2 CS soloists (as the entire guitar for that matter) where built 100% by hand, no CNC.

Comment

Working...
                X