• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The secret is within this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/132...-PC1?highlight=

;-)

Comment

If it's that, I got nailed on the same issue trying to order a variant of the AS last year.

Did I compromise? Nope, they just didn't get the order.

Comment

Update; I sent Matt @Matt's Music an email with all of my specs this morning and he called me this afternoon. He told me he would forward my specs to Jackson and he'd call me back with an approval or a denial from Jackson. He also said he would give me the best price possible. He seems like a really cool guy and told me after reviewing the specs he didn't see any reason they'd deny my order. Then he told me he'd have a price quote for me after he heard back from Jackson. Another thing he told me was the reason the Custom Shop orders are taking so long is because only three guys are building them now. Mike Shannon, "Red" Dave and Pablo Santana are the only guys doing custom shop and that's why it's a two year wait.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I asked for a quote for a strathead jackson recently. There is no problem about the spec and everything has been approved by jackson

Comment

Update; Matt called me back today with a price that was unbelievable!!! I won't quote it here because it would be a disservice to Matt and in bad taste but lets just say I thought I was going to have to spend a lot more than what Matt quoted me today. I am fine tuning the order today and I should have the order in by the end of the week! I am so fucking stoked right now! I have wanted a Rhoads model since I was Ten years old! Something has always got in my way in the past but now I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Like Tom Petty said "The waiting is the hardest part." The next two years is going to be hell. I need someone to come over here and freeze me like Cartman did on South Park when he couldn't wait for the Nintendo Wee to be released. Finally a Custom Shop Jackson of my own! I just can't believe it. My happiness can not be measured by any means known to man right now. Quick question to all my bro's out there. Should I pay the extra money for the Hard shell case or just take the standard molded SKB? What is the difference? Anyone have a pic of the case that you have to pay extra for and is it worth the money?
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

SKB is perfectly acceptable. I prefer the G&G upgrade, as the case is better, but only if they guarantee a form-fitting insert shaped to match the body style. I believe you'll have to specify this at an upcharge. Otherwise, you risk the guitar sliding around and getting damaged in shipping. (First hand experience with this - sucks to wait 2+ years for your dream guitar, only to have it arrive damaged.)

Congrats and good luck.

Comment

I do believe it's $160.00 dollars extra for the G&G and the form fitting insert. Matt told me if I order the G&G he'd make sure it was cut to fit my exact body style. My two USA Select KV2's have the SKB and I have had no issues with them at all. I was just wondering if the G&G was worth the extra cash and if it offered more protection than the SKB.

Comment

I have a RR1 with the huge ass G&G case. When I got my KV2 with the newer style SKB, I liked it alot better. It's lighter, not so big, and looks cool too. There's no wrong answer, but I would pick SKB.

Comment

The SKB is free and comes with the guitar. The G&G is extra money. Can you post a pic of the G&G so I can see it? Both of my KV2's have the SKB and they're light weight but also freaking huge!

Comment

The G&G is a traditional wooden shell case. Comes standard on Charvels, an upcharge on Jacksons. Search Ebay for old Jacksons, and you'll see them everywhere. I will say that the newer SKBs are of lesser quality than what they used to build for Jackson. The one for my custom shop Kelly shit the bed within a couple of months, and had to be repaired. I ended up ordering a blinged out custom G&G to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                        I do believe it's $160.00 dollars extra for the G&G and the form fitting insert. Matt told me if I order the G&G he'd make sure it was cut to fit my exact body style. My two USA Select KV2's have the SKB and I have had no issues with them at all. I was just wondering if the G&G was worth the extra cash and if it offered more protection than the SKB.
                        IMO, the G&G is just a better old school match but the SKB is probably a better and more practial case. For what ever it's worth, TMZ told me a could have either with no price difference so I selected the G&G

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
                          I asked for a quote for a strathead jackson recently. There is no problem about the spec and everything has been approved by jackson
                          You can probably thank me for that! I'm sure they'll still say no to what I have ordered though.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            You can probably thank me for that! I'm sure they'll still say no to what I have ordered though.
                            perhaps, but what i want to order has very bizarre spec. Far bizarrer than ian's order :p
                            Last edited by euronymous; 09-13-2013, 02:39 AM.

Comment

From what I gather they'll do anything you want unless it infringes on a copyright of another company or causes litigious action.

Comment

Try The Music Zoo in Long Island New York. Great website. I've been to the store as well. They are a killer Charvel & Jackson dealer. I ordered a Custom Shop Jackson from them two years ago and they gave me a great price and there are easy to deal with, Unfortunately I still don't have the guitar. I've been getting a run around from Jackson for two years. The original quote I have is 10-12 months. Jackson keeps pushing it. Now they are telling me maybe Dec 31st. Unacceptable! No other custom shop takes this long. I am so disgusted with them I might cancel my order if I don't see it by the end of October. No guitar is worth that wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X