New Custom Shop Order???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vector View Post
    Nothing personal Dave Rocks, but my experiences with the Music Zoo, outside of a custom order have been less than reassuring. I'm glad you've had a good experience, thus far. Matt's been VERY communicative and goes the extra mile for me so, my money goes thru him. I can think of no higher praise than to say I trust him completely with a big dollar custom order.
    And this is what I am looking for more than anything. My worst fear is handing the money over and getting the wrong guitar or worse yet no guitar at all. I didn't trust Dave Guinta at XLGuitars at first either but it was through Pay pal so I knew there was NO WAY he could burn me on the money. My paranoia was for nothing because Dave turned out to be a very good guy and so hands on it was insane. He actually called me the day the guitar arrived to not only make sure the guitar arrived but to make sure it arrived undamaged. He then asked me how I liked it and told me he would accept a return within 90 days if I changed my mind for any reason at all as long as it was still in the same condition.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Another (lefty) vote for Matt on CS orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
        My builds are pretty unique and lot's of small (easy to fuck up) details amd Tim at TMZ was nothing less than awesome.

He did more for me than others would and got Jackson to do my very thin neck profiles. So, I can't relate to your post at all. Mine are near done and will be posted so.
        I wasn't some random guy going to the Music Zoo either, Neilli has done a lot of business with them and personally told them to take care of me because I was a serious purchaser who spent a lot of $$$$. I was actually offended by their "support". Tim passed the buck and his underling fucked it up. I'll only ever buy from them if something is in stock, which I'd happily do again.

That's ok, they lost $15k worth of CS order from me. Now, if I need to place a CS order I email Fender directly to work out the WO and CC my dealer, Matt, to keep him informed. I managed to get some special consideration from "the corporation" through a bit of clever effort on my behalf, so I lucked out. The process is much quicker, Matt doesn't have to pay attention until the end and I got exactly what I wanted and we're all happy!
        Last edited by xenophobe; 09-07-2013, 07:29 AM.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ian had also connected me with Tim and the only people I've dealt with are Tim and Kurt at Jackson. I'm not going to list the detail but I assure anyone reading this that I've been given special treatment, or it seems very special to me based on what I've read on this forum. It's no illusion that TMZ has pull and they've proved that thoughout my builds. I don't think this is one of the special care details so I'll share it, I only was required to pay $500 down for each, I don't know what others require. A few weeks back I paid them off in full because they are near completion and I fully trust Tim.
          Last edited by Dave Rocks; 09-07-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I got an open order. The word that was handed down was "let him order anything he wants". The Fender rep for Jackson CS orders initiated contact with me directly. Both him and Matt had never had anything like this happen before. I could have ordered a Firebird, a VVV or anything I wanted. I asked for something that Jackson has always said no to.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              I got an open order. The word that was handed down was "let him order anything he wants". The Fender rep for Jackson CS orders initiated contact with me directly. Both him and Matt had never had anything like this happen before. I could have ordered a Firebird, a VVV or anything I wanted. I asked for something that Jackson has always said no to.
              I thought Vinnie Vincent owned the rights to the VVV and Jackson wouldn't do them for anybody anymore?
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                I thought Vinnie Vincent owned the rights to the VVV and Jackson wouldn't do them for anybody anymore?
                Jackson contacted me and said, you've been authorized to order whatever you want. The gentleman at Fender who handles Jackson CS orders was told to approve whatever I sent in and told me to pick a dealer to handle payments and delivery... the guy who tells your dealer if they can or can't do it was told to deal with me directly and not to say no and both he and Matt, as well as myself, were shocked that I received a blank, pre-approved work order for anything I wanted.

I ordered something that Jackson has always said no to. A true Holy Grail No-Go. But, it's not flashy like a VVV. It's actually rather plain and simple. Instead of ordering every possible no-go that I could think of to maximize the value, and believe me I was really tempted, I opted to do the right thing and place an order for exactly what I wanted and nothing more.

Only one person here knows sorta what it is. I've already said too much. I'm keeping it secret until I can post pictures. lol

Comment

Jackson contacted me and said, you've been authorized to order whatever you want. The gentleman at Fender who handles Jackson CS orders was told to approve whatever I sent in and told me to pick a dealer to handle payments and delivery... the guy who tells your dealer if they can or can't do it was told to deal with me directly and not to say no and both he and Matt, as well as myself, were shocked that I received a blank, pre-approved work order for anything I wanted.

I ordered something that Jackson has always said no to. A true Holy Grail No-Go. But, it's not flashy like a VVV. It's actually rather plain and simple. Instead of ordering every possible no-go that I could think of to maximize the value, and believe me I was really tempted, I opted to do the right thing and place an order for exactly what I wanted and nothing more.

Only one person here knows sorta what it is. I've already said too much. I'm keeping it secret until I can post pictures. lol
                  Hell yeah!

Comment

Now I gotta know what the hell you've got!! LOL Waiting in suspense over here!!

Comment

Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Search his posts, you will find a few clues ;-)

Comment

Shush!

Actually if you search back far enough, I think I wrote a really pissed off thread... wait... I wrote one a couple of years ago, and another probably 6 or 7 years ago. It's a variant of a guitar I've been trying to get ordered for a little over a decade.

Comment

Ahhhh!!! I am on to you now Xenophobe!!!! I won't say anything in case I am right about what I am thinking it is. But please post pics!!! I would love to see that!

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                              Ahhhh!!! I am on to you now Xenophobe!!!! I won't say anything in case I am right about what I am thinking it is. But please post pics!!! I would love to see that!
                              Sit tight, it will only take 24 months ;-)

Comment

I've already waited about 10 months, so some action should start happening within the next 2-4 months....

Comment

Working...
                                X