My "new" and very confusing LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.jerryrobison.com/fr_home.cfm

Go to the photo section, I just posted a front and back shot of the BC Rich and a few other guitars. Check out my music while you are there! Need to sit down and quantify the differences on that LTD. It was a bit cheaper than a '92, but kinda wondering if I should've just bought a '92 and cased it. Sounds really good though, can't wait to record with it. Such a clear tone.
    www.JerryRobison.com
    '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
      Not sure what newer ones you are referring to, the historic reissue (duct tape and all, and still hatin' tremelos @ about 3K), or the 2005 LTD run of 75 (5-7K)? All of these were all maple and probably WAY bright sounding. This is none of those.
      The ones you posted in the Music Zoo link or whatever, they are only $3K. The 1992 LTD's are going for about $1444 more...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, while those are mildly cool, they are no LTD. But just as the Music Zoo drove this RR1.5, I think they may have driven some of these weird and rare LTD runs,much as they do some of the NAMM show protos. They said they sold Zakk his, and they had (or have, not clear now I think about it)the black LTD with pinstripes, and this was from the same lot. I made a final offer of(after the low ball) $3666.66...seemed like the Metal price, 10% below asking. They made all sorts of claims, it's a killer guitar...they got that right for sure. They are pretty reputable and a great albeit expensive source for Jacksons. I guess the historic LTD reissues ( duct tape back, flight case,etc) are also going for about 3K? I am not sure how that run factors in as part of the LTD family of runs either. Thanks for all the great replies!
        www.JerryRobison.com
        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

I would have thought the duct tape reissues would be the most sought after. But the 1992 LTD's still can get over $4K no problem...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

You are right, msrp $12,619.56. I wonder what the real price is. How would you like to be the guy at Jackson who "installs" the duct tape finish. Great pics by Matt here:

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=170747
            Easy to see a few differences here...not just from mine but the '92 in general.
            www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              I would have thought the duct tape reissues would be the most sought after. But the 1992 LTD's still can get over $4K no problem...
              But they still randomly show up for less from time to time.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                You are right, msrp $12,619.56.
                The MSRP is Randys birthday. Show some respect
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  The MSRP is Randys birthday. Show some respect
                  Nothing but love and respect for Randy....
                  www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

Finding a MSRP amusing is not disrespecting Randy imo!!

& IIRC jcf member "youthinkyourfish" previously owned this guitar....may have more info!!

Comment

Thank you Blood Splatter! That's awesome!
                      www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

Sooo....back to that hardtail thing....now that that's settled, do we want to walk through the proper definition of "tremolo"?

Comment

Oh jeez ....Doesn't matter they are all tone sucking crutches...:idea:TSC units anyone? SOooo not a fan. But please Axe...if you must...
                          www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

I was able to confirm a few things thanks to the help of a few on the old JCF. This was a run of three in 2000, placed by Drum City Guitar Land through Tim Wilson @ Jackson who made the order happen. Three were made, one for Zakk (the one he plays), a black with pinstripes (unsure of pinstripe color, white or gold?), and mine. The guitars were built by Mike Shannon. No info more than that so far, music zoo info was correct.
                            www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

I do not believe the info about 3 guitars made is correct. These were a limited run of 10. I have one of them myself and it plays and sounds incredible. And I agree with Toejam as well as Xenophobe on the terminology. When someone says hardtail, I think of the bridge Toejam posted a shot of. These guitars are string thru, short for string thru body. Anyway, as for the other Concorde guitars made, the original LTD run in 1992 was 200 guitars with about 30 of those being vintage trems and the rest having Schaller Floyd. Then they made 4 more for the 1997 NAMM show which differ only in that they had Original Floyd Rose trems on them and also had Custom Shop on the headstock. They made 25 of the 25th Ann models and thats the model Zakk Wylde got. And finally, the Rhoads Concorde Relic most recently which was modeled after Rhoads' own original after Mike Shannon inspected and measured it. They made 60 for the USA and 60 for the rest of the world IIRC. These last models are the most accurate and the most expensive. Where did you guys see one for $3K? First thing I'd suspect if I saw a Concorde Relic for $3K is Fake!!!
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Terminology aside already, and two independent sources on this subject, do you have any more info on this run of 10? I saw one thread that one was all mahogany? Very interested in finding out as this would be a pretty unique run, all string thru (huh..huh? )?. If Zakk got the 25th, then that is wrong, although I have heard 3 different stories so far,sooo.... Good stuff on the 97 run of 4 I did not know that, and I could''nt agree more, this guitar plays and sounds AMAZING! Is yours a "2000" also? Wonder how close our serial#s are, that could be a dead giveaway. Thanks for the input.
                                www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

Working...
                                X