My "new" and very confusing LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurboTony21 View Post
    So, If I call PRS or Gibson and order a "HardTail" they will put on a strat HT bridge???

Hard Tail simply simply means its strings are anchored to the body behind the bridge.
    1.) Since that's what an actual hardtail bridge is, yes.

2.) No.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hard tail bridge is just that....not the whole guitar.
      Fixed, wrap around, floyd...etc are all just bridges.......not the guitar its sits on.

Hard tail "strat" has a fixed bridge....whether it strings thru or not......same with any other guitar.......like a strung thru the body dean HardTail....or an LTD strung thru the body HardTail with a tunomatic.......etc.

I am not trying to pick an argument.....if you order a strat with a HT you get just that......or a RR LTD HT with a tunomatic

Comment

Originally posted by TurboTony21 View Post
        Hard Tail simply simply means its strings are anchored to the body behind the bridge.
        Nope. Those others would be a stoptail/stopbar or string through design.

Hardtail implies a fixed bridge without the other devices I just mention. Just like the picture toejam posted, with either strings running through the body with ferrules only on the back or through a metal block. If you don't believe it, do a google image search for "hardtail bridge" and all you'll see are proper hardtail bridges.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

TurboTony - just drop it. you lose....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Ok, case in point

Comment

Check out the google image search. On a full page of images, scrolling all the way to the bottom there were only 7 or 8 pictures that weren't hardtail bridges. Out of hundreds of displayed images. Google image search is almost never ubiquitous like that. That's even with safe-search turned off. lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=hard...IoSiyAGwzIGwCQ
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I see why you'd be confused when Dean even has their terminology wrong. Just because it's a fixed bridge, doesn't mean it's an actual hardtail as coined by Fender.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

fuck all you people, im with turbo tony. respect our authority !!

Comment

that being said : lets dance !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdwuxoSHsSo

Comment

I like cheese and fuck toejam
                      Haters gonna hate
                      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

*face palm* y'all done jackin' my thread? I play stiffbutt guitars from this day forth, no controversy. Make this sh*t up as I go.
                        www.JerryRobison.com
                        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

While that Rhoads is cool and all, the "newer" ones are still selling brand new for around a grand less than the original 92 LTD's with Schaller/Floyds.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Not sure what newer ones you are referring to, the historic reissue (duct tape and all, and still hatin' tremelos @ about 3K), or the 2005 LTD run of 75 (5-7K)? All of these were all maple and probably WAY bright sounding. This is none of those.

Keep seeing 6-7 guitars made and I have been told it is the sister to Zakks ltd and a missing Black Ltd with pinstripes, but not all the dates line up if mine was truly built in 2000. Lots of good data mining here and different opinions, kinda interesting I can find little on it but this:

http://img62.photobucket.com/albums/...i/05010003.jpg
                            Last edited by Partial @ Marshall; 08-13-2013, 11:47 PM.
                            www.JerryRobison.com
                            '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

making minor changes to the original concorde RR shape is the only way they will make anymore hence the limited runs w slightly different specs, like the stringthru TOM bridge. & yes a hardtail is a face/flat mounted bridge like fenders and old charvels (JAKE E LEE's), a tuneomatic is a gibson bridge and needs to have an anchor for the strings either thru body or a stop tail, bigsby etc etc.... Zakk is not a jackson guy, given the usual gibson endorsee BS i can only assume he bought/ordered his just like any other person???

& what is your '89 BCRich Proto, post some pics please.

Comment

Working...
                              X