Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite bass for METAL, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too owned a Washburn...and a Yamaha, a Samick fretless, and an old Martin Stinger. Now I'm down to a Charvel 3B with EMG Bass Expander and a Charvel Eliminator with the factory active electronics.

For monster low end, the 3B is hard to beat. I loaned it to the Steel Attack and Gaia Epicus bassists at Minneapolis Mayhem, and they LOVED it. Apparently I missed a wicked bass solo while tied up doing tech stuff backstage - d'oh! The Eliminator is very comfortable, but the Samick's neck was the most comfortable by far.
    sigpic

Comment

I may have to recant on my previous statement about the Rickenbacker since I just bought this:

Comment

Spector Bass EMG pickups it's the best of the 4 bass I own it records great .

Comment

my bassist said he wishes jackson made a 5 string version of their basses. the one with the sharkfines

Comment

Modulus with EMGs.

Comment

my esp b-405 rules ass active eq emgs with rotosound strings im driving a GK half stack sounds awsome
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I just want a neckthrough ebony fretboard with fins bass...

:crap: :cry:
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

While I use Fender American Deluxe Jazz Basses (fretted and fretless) for any style, I found the old Gibson Q-80 fitting quite well to a HM performance I did. I usually use a maple body Hamer Chaparral bass w/active EMG's for HM performances, but the Gibson sounded even better (though I prefer the playability of the Hamer bass. I think it depends on the sound the guitar player(s) and the drummer have. Mostly I find myself opting for a low end sound as the guitar players go for a trebly sound and the drummer also gives his kickdrum lots of treble attack.

Comment

I don't play bass much they are sure beautiful! Acacia's come to mind!! They are incredible instruments! Pedulla's I've twiddled with are great too! Warwicks look cool!
                    I love admins!

Comment

Im my 25+ years..I've owned Eric Carmen's 1976 Alembic Exploiter, a Pedulla, a couple Ken Smiths, Warwick, Kubicki, Zon, Riks, Sting Rays, P and J basses ago-go...all nive..

The best was the G & L L2000's..had three of them

Second place, was the Ken Smith.."Burner" series..awesome basses!!!

The Alembic Exploiter..looked just like Entwistle's, in fact it's the same model..it's was a work of art and listed for $4600 back in '76..but played and sounded like shit..and very uncomfortable to play!!

Therewas two truss rods in the neck..and the fretboard cracked..from the 12th fret to the end of the neck..

a good freind of mine..took..filled it in with wood putty , stained it..and gave it to me..if you didn't know it was there ..you'd never know..so I sold it..immediately!!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Seems like everyone nowaday is liking the musicman's!!
                        I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                          Seems like everyone nowaday is liking the musicman's!!

Great basses ..not as vesatile and balanced as the G& L L2000s..they do share similiaraties of looks and feel..

I owned my share of Musicmans..had one with a graphite neck once..damn it was very neck heavy..as soon as you would let go while wearing it ..the neck fell right to the floor..BONK!

They only reason why I bought it was because I never seen one before, it was mint and from the 70's..a rare piece...got it for 300 bucks..long ago.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The only thing I ever liked about those G&L L2000's were the pickups and the versatility. The necks always felt so sluggish, to me. I'm not a bass player at all, but the only one that ever felt killer to me, and made mw want to play it, was a Rick 4001. I loved that bass.
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                              The only thing I ever liked about those G&L L2000's were the pickups and the versatility. The necks always felt so sluggish, to me. I'm not a bass player at all, but the only one that ever felt killer to me, and made mw want to play it, was a Rick 4001. I loved that bass.
                              One of these days Jimmy..John will post that vid of me slaying my L2000 like nobody's biz live!!

I'm still waiting..I think I'll just have copies made and send them out to you guys..you VH nuts anyways..

Comment

Oh man, Scott just put his Rick 4001 on the block. The coolest bass ever, in my opinion.
                                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                                X