Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite bass for METAL, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill a customer brought one of the Tributes in, in a 5-string model, and he let me play it. I felt that for the price it was better than everything we had in stock, and it was better than a lot of stuff that was more expensive too.

Comment

Cool Box..I had my doubts about those "Tributes"..

Not anymore..I'll grab one!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
        I'd like to have a neck through USA Jackson Soloist style bass....with EMG pickups would be a killer metal bass.
        Ditto!

I own a Dean Edge Pro 5 string. Although I don't use it for metal. If I were in the market to buy any bass, I wouldn't hesitate a bit to purchase a Carvin. Their stuff is really nice.

But, if Jackson came out with a neck through USA Soloist style 5 string, I would buy it instead.
        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I got rid of a G & L Asat bass in the Early 1990's-great bass,but HEAVY!!!-I thought it was made out of concrete!

I like my B.C.Rich Bich 8 string-strung as a 4 stringer,30.5" scale length,great tone

I also like Ibanez Roadstar II and Spector basses
          http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Jackson Professional Concert V. It's got the punch of a Fender P (and who had a better Metal tone than Steve Harris? Nobody. Ever. Period. Not even Bill ) and the J-pickup gives you the Ian Hill tone you need to go under a twin-guitar rhythm but still have your own space.

I've got a C5A with the Duncan soapbar thingies in it, and it definitely has its own sound - different fromthe Concert V anyway - but to me it's more of a Jazz/Fusion player's bass, where you'll be taking extended walks with it.

Metal bass to me is all about laying down the foundation. A few runs here and there, but not soloing.

Steve Harris set the Metal Bass standard IMO - everyone else is just a guit-bassist
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My 1984 Jackson bass-Why because it's a Jackson

Comment

the one that gets you laid the most of course!

Comment

Rickenbacker. Probably the 4003. They're surprisingly light and play very well. I almost bought one from my buddy a while back, and I don't even play bass!

Besides, Lemmy can't be wrong!
                  Last edited by circle of the tyrants; 07-12-2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

the best metall basses i believe are ibanez bass those things were made for metal especially speed metal really thin neck and the strings are clost together and they most of the nicer ones come equipped with active pick-ups
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

G & L 2000s..!!!!!

with ME behind it!!!!
                      Last edited by horns666; 07-25-2006, 02:01 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I used to have a Washburn bass for a long time. Then I used a Charvel Model 3B. Now I've found a keeper in a 1981 Charvel Telly bass. Flame maple neck and body and Duncan pickup. It has great definition and weight in the sound. But most would probably call it more rock than metal.
                        My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                          G & L 2000s..!!!!!

with ME behind it!!!!
                          we're still waiting on the vid clip slacker boy
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                            we're still waiting on the vid clip slacker boy
                            we gotta rely on John for this one..I gots da vid..

Comment

still waiting...
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                                still waiting...
                                me too..so we'll be waiting some more..

Comment

Working...
                                X