Need to identify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to identify

I am trying to ident a bass for sale and see if it is worth buying or not. Please shed some light for me if you can.
    It looks a lot the rest or Charvel 4 string basses of course. It has a bolt on neck. The neck plate is blank. The serial is at the bottom of the fretboard, which is "C00xxxx". It has active PJ pups and they have the white stamp on them. There is a master Volume, Blend, Bass and Treb pots and no selector.
    Thank you in advance.

A bolt on with a serial stamped into the fretboard?

Comment

That is correct sir. I have even tried goggling Charvel bass and hoped I'd see one and try to identify it that way. I scrolled and scrolled, but I didn't see a single one that was bolt on, serial in the fretboard and had that pickup and control configuration.

Comment

I've seen USA bolt ons from the 90s, maybe early 2000s, with stamps at the ends of the fretboards, but I can't seem to recall or find any specifics.

pictures would go a long way towards identification
        Last edited by metalhobo; 10-20-2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I don't have a pic. I just got a quick look at it while I was at the guys house trading my acoustic amp for his guitar. He just happened to mention the bass and I asked him to bring it out. I took mental notes and a pic of the serial. I thought I'd be able to identify it from that, I was way off there. But I think the thing that sets it apart is the master volume, master tone, and active bass and treble controls. I haven't been able to find any with those controls online. I have no idea what it is worth and so am hesitant to make an offer on it.

Comment

Working...
          X