jackson has answered my prayers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jackson has answered my prayers!

You can easilly add more functionality with a concentric pot though - volume and tone controls on one (split) knob.

Comment

Actually just the presence of a tone pot/cap takes a little bit of the "tone" out even when the knob is up 100%, right?

So if you don't use the tone pot you might as well not even have it IMO.

Hah, they'll never make a guitar to please all of us, so I say mod away!

EDIT-- as for the tone knob, if I cared enough to not want to have it, I'd just buy the guitar I want and unwire it and leave a non functional knob on there, or rewire it so that they are independent volume knobs or something. Not that hard to do.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        EDIT-- as for the tone knob, if I cared enough to not want to have it, I'd just buy the guitar I want and unwire it and leave a non functional knob on there, or rewire it so that they are independent volume knobs or something. Not that hard to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
        That's what I've done to the volume knob on most of my guitars...or I actually just switch places on the vol and tone, and leave the tone pot disconnected. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] No more volume roll-off accidents while playing! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah that is a common occurence, bane! Marty from Hangar 18 used elctrical tape to tape the vol knobs on his Kellys down! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well he usually does!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              AMS made a mistake about the DXMG having the 81/85. They also list the RR5 but show a pic with chrome hardware. Anyone know what that is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was curious about the RR5 hardware as well especially since the description still reads gold. Personally I prefer the look of chrome as I've never cared much for gold hardware. Chrome seems to be more durable too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'm not quite sure why so many people are so into the 1-hum thing.. like, if you're not gonna use the neck pup, that's fine, don't use it...

But hey that's just me.. I guess I will never understand, since I actually do use the neck pickup...

[/ QUOTE ]

If your not going to use it why have it? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  I'm not quite sure why so many people are so into the 1-hum thing.. like, if you're not gonna use the neck pup, that's fine, don't use it...

But hey that's just me.. I guess I will never understand, since I actually do use the neck pickup...

[/ QUOTE ]

If your not going to use it why have it? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they don't offer the guitar without, and for me filling in the pickup route and touching up the finish there is more effort than it's really worth... that's just my logic though [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X