jackson has answered my prayers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jackson has answered my prayers!

hmm, i think i'd agree it looks better with one pickup. but the nearest you're gonna get is a replacement bezel and pickup cover, paint them white and hope no-one sees it up-close. you could paint over the bezel screws. a white dome pot would partially disguise the tone pot. ok, it sounds daft, but the alternative is trying to fill in the front pup cavity and refinish the guitar. tools, labour and total cost would justify getting a custom guitar instead.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      hmm, i think i'd agree it looks better with one pickup. but the nearest you're gonna get is a replacement bezel and pickup cover, paint them white and hope no-one sees it up-close. you could paint over the bezel screws. a white dome pot would partially disguise the tone pot. ok, it sounds daft, but the alternative is trying to fill in the front pup cavity and refinish the guitar. tools, labour and total cost would justify getting a custom guitar instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you haven't seen Mark's work. What you just suggested re: filling the pickup rout & tone pot hole and refinishing is just what he will do with it. And it'll look better than factory when he's done too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and then he'll do one in pink for Budman....
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Its a shame they arnt doing a DK2MT. Love the guitar but still not sure i could trust the cheaper floyd. Lets hope they have made real improvements with it!
        Cant wait for all the new threads with owners pictures! I can see alot of people buying this.
        If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Jackson should do some cheaper set neck or neck thru models( Jesus & Satan I smell of Noob) like King V's or RR's! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Jackson should do some cheaper set neck or neck thru models( Jesus & Satan I smell of Noob) like King V's or RR's! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Look for a KV-4 or a Rhoads Std Professional on eBay. They're like the KV and RR equivalents to the SL-3.

Comment

I would rather buy new [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

wish matt had a store in the uk. but then, why would he want to branch out to this shithole of a country?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yes, a DK2MT would be it!! I have enough floyds, that would fit the bill quite nicely. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    wish matt had a store in the uk. but then, why would he want to branch out to this shithole of a country?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, quit yer whining, he will ship to you... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] zing! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah that is true, lmao most dealers will send you if your nice and give them the money allthough the price of shipping, and taxes are normally abitch....

Ozz

Comment

I am on the fence about getting a DK2M, because I would rather see it with just 1 Hum. I may just wait and see if they offer a 1 Hum model of said guitar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Dude, they're not going to. Just make one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm not quite sure why so many people are so into the 1-hum thing.. like, if you're not gonna use the neck pup, that's fine, don't use it...

But hey that's just me.. I guess I will never understand, since I actually do use the neck pickup...

Comment

up until recently, i never used the neck pickup on my wrmg. it now gets more use than the bridge pickup. i think its always best to have it just in case. most 1-hum guitars i've seen don't have a tone pot, something i need too.
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                                X