Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 Warrior Pro, someone please educate me on my new guitar !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Warrior Pro, someone please educate me on my new guitar !

Well, I just got my neck through warrior pro today. Its a hell of a guitar.

Im not to sure about the pickups, but right now it has active midboost (something ive never had and im still toying with).

But Aside from being made for only 1 year in 91' I know nothing about these guitars.

Could someone please educate me ?
    Also suggest maybe a hotter passive pickup ? Preferably a stacked humbucker ?

Re: 1991 Warrior Pro, someone please educate me on my new guitar !

forgot to add, here are some pictures to tide ye all over:

www.2plusboo.com/warrior/

Comment

Ooh, white! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
      That is crying out for a Blood Drip!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sweet!! I believe those guitars are short scale like a Gibson (24.75"). The active circuit in that should be like a wah sweep circuit. I forget what model it is, but it's not the JE1200 mid boost.
        My friend Ken from this board (WarriorX7) is a Warrior freak and rips the wah circuit out, puts in a Duncan Hot Rails for the neck and a Duncan Parallel Axis Distortion Trembucker in all of his. They absolutely kill!!!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing RacerX.

So, does the trembucker fit in place of the 2 singles ? I think I would love that set up. Or something similar.

Comment

Well, he routed them out for the trembucker to fit the normal way and not be tilted. They might fit slanted, but the PA Trembuckers have two tiny bar pole pieces for each string that line up better with the strings the normal way.

[ October 09, 2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

any idea how much a rout would cost to do ?

Comment

IMO
                A) You paid too much
                B) If you do anything to alter this axe, you are a fool.
                Again, J M O.
                BTW, Sweet guitar.

Comment

To each thier own right ?
                  Ide never be able to get a neck through warrior for the price I got this. I wanted a guitar that was neckthru and not a strat body.

So whatever. I really like the guitar, just I think it needs a pickup swap. and if i do swap pickups, I will be keeping the guitar as a player. so i wouldnt mind a hit in resale value.

Comment

Here's a thought: why not just put two HotRails
                    in the bridge then there is no routing needed. And you've got better pups in it. BTW what did you pay?
                    Gil

Comment

700 for the guitar

Comment

and I was thinking about the dual hotrails thing, but ive never played any guitar equipped with them before. What do they sound closest too ?

Comment

GMW would only be 30 dollars for the route. Doesnt seem so bad.

Comment

I bought one from Ken (WarriorX7) and paid about $680 for it, and it had been routed for a hummer, so $700 for a rare color (white) was not too much. It's still a USA-quality guitar and a rare model. I compared mine to my USA Warrior from the same year and the ONLY difference was the Pro's neck was a bit thicker.

As for pickups, try a JB Jr and Lil Screamin Demon or Lil 59. I've got a JB Jr and Hot Rails neck pickup in the bridge spaces of mine, and the Hot Rails does kinda darken the JB Jr's mid-rangeyness due to its being a neck model, but I'm thinking of putting a Lil SD or Lil 59 in there to replace the HR.

It's really hard to find the older Hot Rails bridge pickups (without the center tabs), and the mini-hummers like the Lil SD/59 and Jr do sound way better than the stacked hums.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Please don't alter that guitar those are rare as hell.I would do the little 59 or little sd,little jb or maybe DiMarzio fast tracks to get the humbucker effect.If you take out the mid boost keep it don't toss in a parts bin put it in a baggie mark accordingly and leave it in the case.
                              Man I've wanted one of those for a long time.I think you got a great deal.Very cool guitar.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X