Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Imports vs. Ibanez

Again....
    Korn sucks. I am jsut talking more ****...
    I hate Ibanez.
    Well, except for my 1990 RG550 in hot metallic pink....best guitar ever made. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

DK2 is one of the best for the price, but overall I think Ibanez wins the import department.

$900+ for Jackson neck-thru import Soloist or RR-5
      $600 for Ibanez neck-thru import
      the winner: Ibanez

Ibanez's sucky KO of a Floyd vs. Jackson's sucky KO of a Floyd
      the winner: Ibanez, with it's lo-pro trem

best basic Jackson DK-2 vs. best basic Ibanez RG
      the winner: Jackson

# of Ibanez imports I've gotten rid of for f*cking up: 2
      # of Jackson imports I've gotten rid of for f*cking up: 1
      the winner: Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The import Jackson JT580LP trem is low-profile (hence the LP at the end). And I'm pretty sure the Ibanez Lo-TRS is exactly the same as the Jackson (I believe they're made by the same company).
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[QUOTE] Ibanez RGT3120 Electric Guitar
          This axe represents the summit of the RG line, with its ultra thru-neck construction, AAA flamed maple top on a mahogany back, ...
          This product is eligible for FREE SHIPPING on orders over $299! Click for details Buy Now $1,999.99
          $1,499.99

Where do you see 600 for a Neck thru import Ibanez? I see 1499.99. For that much I'll by a USA made SL1 in any finish I choose.
          THe import Ibanez you speak of thats 600 bucks is made in Korea by Cortech ( Owned By Hoshino Intl). ( go figure). The Jackson Neckthru import you speak of is made in Japan. We all know the Japanese are far better then the Koreans at detail and craftsmanship. The point is you have 600.00 bucks would you buy a Korean made guitar with subpar woods and less attention to detail, and a solid color. Or would you buy a Japanese made guitar with better build quality better woods and more attention to detail and even with a graphic if so chosen. Not to mention the Duncan Designed pups of the Jackson vs the powersound pups of the Ibanez.
          You get more for your money with Jackson every time No question.
          Gil
          You can have my Jackson when you can pull it from my cold dead hands.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The import Jackson JT580LP trem is low-profile (hence the LP at the end). And I'm pretty sure the Ibanez Lo-TRS is exactly the same as the Jackson (I believe they're made by the same company). </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Still, I like the Ibanez one a bit more. Viva cosmic black hardware!!!

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
              Where do you see 600 for a Neck thru import Ibanez?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.americanmusicalsupply.com...m=IBA+RGT42+BP

I see 1499.99. For that much I'll by a USA made SL1 in any finish I choose.
              THe import Ibanez you speak of thats 600 bucks is made in Korea by Cortech ( Owned By Hoshino Intl). ( go figure). The Jackson Neckthru import you speak of is made in Japan. We all know the Japanese are far better then the Koreans at detail and craftsmanship. The point is you have 600.00 bucks would you buy a Korean made guitar with subpar woods and less attention to detail, and a solid color. Or would you buy a Japanese made guitar with better build quality better woods and more attention to detail and even with a graphic if so chosen. Not to mention the Duncan Designed pups of the Jackson vs the powersound pups of the Ibanez.
              You get more for your money with Jackson every time No question.
              Gil
              You can have my Jackson when you can pull it from my cold dead hands.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">USA Jacksons are the best with no doubt at all from me, but for imports, I'll disagree. Some are good and some suck. Sure the import Ibanez neck-thru is not the best, but for the price I think it's a solid and worthy guitar. For the price of a neck-thru Jackson import, searching for a used USA model is the better idea.

Also, Duncan-designed means nothing to me because they're not real Duncans, like a Floyd license is not a real Floyd. I almost always ditch the factory pick-ups with imports regardless of who they're licensed by.

Comment

One thing AMS doesn't mention in that description is that is a Korean made guitar. Its a friggin cort for lack of a better term. (Hoshino owns Cortech &gt;AKA Cort). If Jackson was making guitars in Korea currently Im sure you'ld have a better example of a more accurate comparrison. But you can't compaire the quality of a Korean Ibanez to a Japanese made Jackson.
                The quality of a Japanese bolt on is better than a Korean Neck thru Ibanez anyday and are closer to the same price with the Jackson haveing better parts.
                Gil

Comment

All companies cut corners with imports. Ibanez uses a good (comparatively) Floyd-style trem whereas Jackson uses the 580 (which, IMO, is not as good). However, Jackson uses a better grade of wood than Ibanez, as well as focusing more on quality construction than anything else. If you have a bad neck and bad body, nothing will fix that. If you have crappy pickups and a crappy trem, you can buy new/different.
                  Jackson also wins over Ibenhad for the fact you can put an OFR on a DK2 with zero modifications to the body. I understand that an Ibenhad with a Lo-TRS must be modded in some way?

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

... damnit guys buy 2 of each [Jackson/Ibanez imports] and settle this age long argument on this forum [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .... this ones [topic] gonna be here forever .............. or untill Jackson puts Ibanez in the hole [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Jackson also wins over Ibenhad for the fact you can put an OFR on a DK2 with zero modifications to the body. I understand that an Ibenhad with a Lo-TRS must be modded in some way?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] That's odd, seeing as how they are basicaly the same size and shape. I have an old DX-1 w/ the J580 LP and a friend has an S-series with a Lo-TRS. I never did find a difference except the the Ibanez felt like a cheaper quality metal. He's had several screws and the screw hole threads strip out and it's getting pretty potted up. Mine is still in really good shape and I've never had a problem. His pick ups (Ibanez, but I forget which model, AH1 & AH2 maybe?) sound awsome compared to the Duncan Designed in my DX-1. Way more defined and a lot more flexible tone wise.

Comment

Working...
                      X