Jackson Imports vs. Ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Imports vs. Ibanez

I've had good and bad from both. One of the worst made guitars I've ever owned was a Charvel Avenger..........

Comment

Nah,that was the Arias!

You know what I mean, we never saw these guitars back as trade-ins,and they never seemed to turn up in other stores either! The comparatively-priced Charvels and ESPs kept reappearing,but no Ibanezes.Which led me to two conclusions
      1 They all broke
      2 They're so good,that all the people who bought them locked them away,never to be gigged or traded-up!

I can only speak for my part of the World,but you don't see ten-year-old Ibanezes round here very often

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ibanez Prestige 3120(prestige is not a model, it's an entire line of guitars) were around $1100..

The Ibanez Prestige line of guitars from what I have seen is BETTER than Jackson imports, and is close if not on par to the quality of a USA Dinky, since you can't compare a bolt on to a neck thru.

*Eagerly awaits hardcore biased Jackson fans* [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just joking. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out that I missed the model number. *DOH* But in doing so, you gave me even more fuel for the fire. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] So the bolt-on import is roughly the same price as a US Jackson? SCREW THAT! I've played tons of Ibanez guitars and NONE OF THEM (from the lowliest of RG's to the way-too-expensivek K7's) are worth that kind of money. You say you can't compare bolt-ons and neckthrus which is total BS. The only difference in the guitars is how the neck is connected to the body. That's like saying you can't compare an Ibanez with a Jackson because they have different headstocks. The subject at hand is a price/performance/value question. In two of those categories, Jackson kicks the s**t out of Ibanez (price, value) and the other is a matter of opinion.
        [/QUOTE]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
          In your dreams. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">.......ok ok Word I'll lighten up the Ibanez Prestige line is ok ........ I guess ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I love my DK-2 and it's a great value for
              the cost, but I have to say the 5xx series RG would beat it in every way except looks. My trans red flametop is awful purty!

Most older Ibanezes have the stress crack
              between the Floyd nut bolts on the back
              though; I think it's inherent to having 2 big holes there, combined with the thinness of the Wizard necks. I like the
              Jackson topmount Floyd nut for that reason; seems to make for a sturdier neck
              IMO. With the Ibanezes I think you'd really need to treat 'em carefully to avoid that stress crack, and I think I'd
              always worry about it even if it never happened.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Here's my contribution - for what it' worth.
                I'm so old , I've been playing since the 60s.
                I've played allsorts - Fenders,Gibsons,Kramers,Yamahas, and the odd Ibanez now and again.
                I now have a 1989 model 275 and a JSX 94 concept.
                Not the greatest models ever made by JC but I wouldn't change them for anything.

Comment

I sold my ibanez RG570 to buy my DR3....now I am an happy man (expecially cos now I have a RR1 [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] )

[ May 01, 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Mordor ]

Comment

Word said:
                    The Ibanez Prestige line of guitars from what I have seen is BETTER than Jackson imports, and is close if not on par to the quality of a USA Dinky, since you can't compare a bolt on to a neck thru.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BlackMariah replies:
                    *Eagerly awaits hardcore biased Jackson fans*
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HERE I AM!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yep, hardcore USA J/C fan here. Since I only own USAs, I don't usually hang out in the import areas, and have been entertained by this thread by observing only, and not speaking. But "thems fightn' words"... err ...Word.

Word: Whatever you're smoking, please share. I'm sure you're enamored with that Prestige model you just bought, but please stop inhaling whatever fumes are being released by it's photo-flame top and ultra-thin poly & model glue gloss finish. It's affecting your judgement. NO Ibanez model is on a par with any USA Jackson. Compare them when new and, especially, compare them in five or more years when the Ibanez's edge trems are rusty out-of-tune scrap heaps, and you have to condition their necks with salt, as they've twisted like pretzels. The reason you see some Ibanez models get discounted at the end of the year is that they were overpriced relative to their quality to begin with (...hint, hint [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) and, hence, the market balked at buying at that price point. In all seriousness, for what Word paid, he got a very decent guitar. But...

Ibanez guitars are, at best, decent and moderate values for the money in the sub-$800 range. Are they better than Jackson imports? Debatable but, IMHO no. Jackson has a significant quality edge. (No pun intended. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) Are they better than USA J/C's? No. Not even close, nor debatable. Period. ...Move along, folks. Nothing to see here. Move along. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ May 01, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

I have to differ with that post. I think my Ibanez USA Custom is definately on par with a USA Jackson, and better than some. Some of those ones in the 80's made with the JT6 blew chunks. Talk about bad hardware.............

Comment

Mmm i own a KE3(same quality as DK2) and my friend owns either an Ibanez RG550 or 570. Personally I prefare my KE3. It plays nicer feels more comfortable and has a stronger more definied tone. Although the Ibanez was nice it just had this strange feeling of cheapness about it. I couldn't quite put my finger on it... The only other Ibanez I've played was a Gem. It didn't have the best tone but it was sooo nice and easy to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                          [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought you'd like that ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I agree that Jacksons are higher quality, and... i can't think of the proper grammar, or spelling for propper, sooooooo here goes "-" okay i forgot what i was gonna say. Jacksons are awesome. But for some reason, i just prefer the feel of my ibanez to the jacksons. Probably cuz all the ones i played had glossed necks, which stuck to my hand.

Comment

I sold my Ibeenhad steve vai jem7vhw because my KE-3 cost about half of the vai and smoked the damn thing in playabillity and sound...

Comment

I traded my Professional Kelly XLR for an Ibanez RG7620 7-string. I wanted a 7-string and wasn't playing the Kelly as much. The Kelly was a sweet player, but I'm more into Strat shapes. I don't have any problems with the Ibanez, but I don't know if I would ever get another one of their guitars... unless the right Iceman or Artist came along. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X