Jackson Imports vs. Ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Imports vs. Ibanez

The US Custom Ibanez's dont even compair to the Japanese Jacksons. Fret edges sharp on none bound necks. Whats with the floating headstock? Just seems odd to me. I know its a strees and strucutre thing but it just scares me. Think sbout it in realistic terms MONEY!!!!! You have 1500.00 US which would you buy an Ibanez with a bolt on neck and a stars name on it with a funny little handle built in. Or a US made almost completely hand crafted neck thru Jackson with a real Floyd Rose trem Real Duncan Pickups. Ebony Board, bound neckand headstock,,Alder body opposed to the basswood in most Jems. Classic real pearl Sharkfin Inlays better fret work. better feel. Better finish. Better parts and much better attention to detail. I would go for the US Jackson every time. I've owned three Ibanez's and sold every one of them for Jacksons. As for the 80's Jacksons with the JT6 trem being crap you simply have to play my Lightning sky strat to blow that theory out of the water. Its simply amaizing. Awsome neck. Great finish (although a little worn from use). The trem is just as good as my real Floyds. It flutters better than most of them stays in tune perfectly and has been cleaned and reasembled by myself. Its one of the best guitars I own and it will not leave my possesion ever. (God willing). It is worth more than the 500 i paid for it. even with all the cleanup i had to do to it. Its simply an amaizing guitar: period!!!!!!!!
    Gil
    "Jackson/Charvel Dream it we can build it".
    "Jackson/Charvel evolution of the soul"
    "Jackson/Charvel Where music and the soul unite"
    That ones mine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nearly ANY trem will stay in tune if you set it up right. Like you said though, compare what you get with an Ibanez to what you get for the same dollar amount in a Jackson and most of the time the Jacksons come out on top.

I wouldn't put the Duncans as a point for the Jacksons though. It's not like the DiMarzios that come in most of the higher dollar Ibanez are crap, you know?

Comment

all depends on the money you pay for the guitars mate.
        pay peanuts you play a dog,spend a bit and you get sorted goods.

i have a few diferent makes of guitars ranging from great american axes to great jap weapons

my jem/jap(desert yellow pryamid neck)rocks..and so does my american SL1(lighning).my JS 90th ham guitar is also amazing to play(jap).

so it depends on your money mate,i think the japs do great guitars at ibanez but i love the american jacksons/strats/bc's ect.

i think the american models may wear better but that dont bother me,i play the bloody things.not collect them stick them on the wall..you find most collectors are very bad musicians,but they normaly have the money to horde some great guitars for future profits [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] i know one person who has a walk in safe in his house that is full off gibsons and vintage strats..cant play a note,but the price of these will never drop(unlike shares..lol)so he has good investments

Comment

and i thought jackson used to be a jap company before the fender takeover?

AKAI owned them and as far as i am aware(with the digital stuff i have from them)they are a jap company [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Jackson was an American company that ws swindled away from Grover Jackson by IMC (Ft Worth, Texas conglomerate) who then gave up the bootay to Akai.
            All USA Jacksons were/are made in America - unlike certain Kramer models which were made in Japan, or the "USA Custom" Ibenhads which are made in Japan.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. My Ibanez USA custom was made in the USA.....Apparently by your theory it must be the only one. What do you think happens in the US custom shop?

Comment

Newc - The necks were made(hand made, I believe) in Japan, and the bodies were hand made by guys in the USA.. California I believe. It was then assembled in the USA.

Comment

I dont know what you guys are talking about, but my guitar, and all other USRGs were completely made in the PBC shop in the USA.......Coopersburg, PA USA

Comment

I confused the places.. my bad.

Comment

It appears that I had remembered incorrectly..

Read this: http://www.jemsite.com/usa/usa.htm

Comment

well i would expect an american custom to be made in america mate [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        body parts could come from anywhere.

the jem i have was made in japan,as the JS 90th guitar is....also my old jackson fusion was(one hell of a guitar just given that away coz i have too many)

those are the only jap ones i have,would love to have a great british rock guitar but there are not any yet [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] so USA/JAP it is for me

Comment

Nothing can touch a Ibanez man.
                          Even the guys in Korn use them.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but then again, they just hit something in stead of play guitar [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I wouldn't consider Korn's approval to be saying a whole lot about a guitar. They could get a similar tone out of a $80 Harmony with all the effects they run through.
                              sigpic

Comment

The IBZ USA shop is a front. They get the American artists like Gilbert, Vai, etc who don't have time to jaunt off to Japan for a design session to come into the "shop" and hammer out a clay model, which is then boxed and shipped to Japan (or laser scanned at the shop and the details wired straight to Hoshino) where it's CNC'd and assembled, then shipped to the USA shop for painting and "unveiling".

It's a scam, dude.

Newc
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X