Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bibz
    replied
    Re: Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secre

Who'd you get it through dude? The fact they do 24fret neckthrough rhoadses and offer crimson swirl means I'm only a reverse matcing headstock away from my dream guitar!

Leave a comment:

• Jacksonite
    replied

yeah... Its not a true custom... but its like this

They make the NASL this way..
    Flame top
    Gold hardware
    Schaller trem
    JB/59

Mine is
    Quilt top
    Chrome Hardware
    Original Floyd
    Jb/Jazz
    paid a little in upcharges 100 bucks for the quilt top. 20 bucks for the chrome. and 100 bucks for the OFR... but it cost me the same as if I bought a brand new Soloist... 1800 bucks, ok so a couple of bucks more, but hey, its Mohagany neck through...

Leave a comment:

• Sunbane
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Custom Made and in 4 months... BAM!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    4 month waiting time? For an ordered-to-spec custom? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Jacksonite
    replied

I have a Blue quilt top like NewC's to come in any time now...Prolly will be middle of September...

Custom Made and in 4 months... BAM!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BYeh1
    replied

AK47, will they ship to USA and do you have any feedback on how well that's worked?

Leave a comment:

• BYeh1
    replied

Damn, NewC thats a beautiful axe!

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied

Try Ishibashi.com I think it is, correct me if I am wrong, they speak English and will help you place your order.

Leave a comment:

• bibz
    replied

I'm very interested in the jackson stars range, after the blooddrip warrior on ebay made a mate of mine question stars, I linked him the site and looked at it myself....needless to say I need info on where to get these puppy's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Japan to Aus would be alot easier and closer for an international order...if there wasnt a major language and cultural barrier.

Leave a comment:

• TheSteveMan
    replied

I saw 'em in Kawasaki City. I was living in Yokohama from September until March, and then in Chiba until the middle of July, then came back to the US.

They were supposed to have some shows in Europe but I don't know if they did any in the US...

Leave a comment:

• BYeh1
    replied

Really, where'd you see them? Are they on tour in the US now?

Leave a comment:

• TheSteveMan
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like someone else got to it before me, but to re-confirm, the neighborhood is "Ochanomizu"

BTW, they love Americans there, found them to be very willing to help... Didn't know the Japanese were such rockers, but should've known since I own a couple Loudness albums from the mid-80s...

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Loudness live back in December... fuckin'A it was an awesome show. They were touring for their "Rockshocks" album which is just "self-covers" of a bunch of their their old songs, so I got to hear 'em do most of the classics. As expected Akira played some mad shit.

Leave a comment:

• Sunbane
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Search function sucks and it only goes back 9 months I dont blame him in posting this.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually you can disable the time limit by deleting the figure and selecting the blank time period. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Works beautifully.

Leave a comment:

• BYeh1
    replied
    Re: Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secret?

Looks like someone else got to it before me, but to re-confirm, the neighborhood is "Ochanomizu"

BTW, they love Americans there, found them to be very willing to help... Didn't know the Japanese were such rockers, but should've known since I own a couple Loudness albums from the mid-80s...

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Re: Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secret?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    discovered a line of Made in Japan Jackson guitars called Jackson Stars, made only for sale in Japan.

Has anyone on JCF seen/played/owned one of these?

[/ QUOTE ]

Search function, newbie! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Search function sucks and it only goes back 9 months I dont blame him in posting this.

Leave a comment:

• IrfaanSE801
    replied

I've had the pleasure of owning a 24 fret Rhoads Stars. It was a VERY quality instrument and played and sounded great. Wish I didn't have to sell her, but the new owner is an old school headbanger, so he's gigging her nightly [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] If I weren't going custom shop right now, I'd definatly try to pick one up, but dunno how the hell I would. I was lucky enough to trade it from some dude on this forum...forgot his name now. Memory's goin in my old age, lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X