Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheSteveMan
    replied
    Re: Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secre

[ QUOTE ]
    So could they get a 24 fret Rhoads in purple with a reverse headstock to me cheaper than a custom shop build of such a simple change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Purple isn't one of their finish options, so if you want that, you'll have to pay more for it. Before ordering my KS, I asked for a quote on a solid finish other than the ones they offer standard, and they wanted a couple hundred bucks for it, so I decided to go for EDS instead.
    Even if the purple finish costs you extra, I'm fairly sure it would be less than a USA custom shop.

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied

Yup. Reverse head is an option.

Leave a comment:

• GWARGHOUL
    replied

So could they get a 24 fret Rhoads in purple with a reverse headstock to me cheaper than a custom shop build of such a simple change?

Leave a comment:

• 5digits6strings
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Key music in Shibuya is worth checking out... I can't exactly explain how to get there though. While you're at it there's an ESPee shop in that area as well, which I actually never checked out while I was there...

[/ QUOTE ]
    I picked up a (Burny) guitar there last summer. If anyone is interested, I'd be able to point it out on a map. If you're into Fender Japan stuff and high end Ibanez, it's a great place to go. I wish I had known about ochanomizu, though.

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    The "Stars" in the logo doesn't bother me one bit--
    The rest of the guitar kicks so much freakin' ass, and it's no less a Jackson to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

+ infinity [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

There's no way I'd pay $1850 for a simple hardware swap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Maybe for 5-layer b/w binding on the head, neck, and front and back of the body like an LPC (and maybe 3 pickups), but I'll take a "Gawth" blackout model and put gold hardware on it myself.

Leave a comment:

• TheSteveMan
    replied

The "Stars" in the logo doesn't bother me one bit--
    The rest of the guitar kicks so much freakin' ass, and it's no less a Jackson to me.

Leave a comment:

• RacerX
    replied

That's what I was thinking! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Chad
    replied

Can they remove the word "Stars" from the headstock as a custom option? HA!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Chrisb
    replied

Can't you do that with the semi-custom option Newc?

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied

They still had the black NASL listed, so I caved in and inquired about it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man, that thing would look sooooooo killer with gold hardware and white body binding like a Les Paul Custom [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Orchid
    replied

Well, I'm looking at the KV and RR models, and only Ikebe has the models that I've never seen elsewhere. Like the ones on this page:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.p...=&start_index=0

The RR-J2SP(BK/GOLD), KV-J2K(BLK), and the RR-J2E(BK/PNSW). Could I only get those at Ikebe, and if so, how do I send an e-mail to them cuz I couldn't get through to them when I tried earlier?

Leave a comment:

• Drake S.
    replied

Does anybody know if one of these dealers carries Caparison guitars though? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied

Ishibashi has a used NASL-160 in Antique Cherry Sunburst just like mine for $813USD (current conversion rate according to http://www.xe.com/ucc/ )

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cg...%2Ejp&tid=list3

Kinda high once you factor in shipping and a hardshell case (unless they will work a deal for a Jackson JJ model case), but for a guitar you can't get anywhere else, it's just about right.

They've also got a black USA KV2 listed as a Grover Jackson KV, and it's going for the same price [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cg...%2Ejp&tid=list3

Now THAT'S a bargain.

Leave a comment:

• Orchid
    replied

Well, I sent an e-mail to Isibashi and Ikebe today, and I'm still waiting on an answer from Ishibashi, but like the e-mail didn't go through to Ikebe for some reason. What I'm wondering is that on the Ikebe site, I see all these diff. ones w/ different finishes and hardware and stuff. Does that mean those were made specially just for Ikebe?

Leave a comment:

• TheSteveMan
    replied

They'd probably get on it right away, once you pay up.
    You have to send them a bank transfer or something, which takes a couple days. If you ask them to, they should ship by EMS and it'll get to your door in 3 days from there.
    Some members have purchased Jackson Stars guitars from the US and had them shipped, I purchased mine in Japan and had Ishibashi web shop ship it for me before I moved back, and I also bought a used one at Ikebe and shipped it by myself to a JCF-er while I was still there, and none of us has had to deal with any customs stuff as far as I know.

Even adding the $150 you have to spend for shipping, these guitars can be a killer deal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X