Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grover Jackson Soloist Standard HH 1993 on Reverb - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Aswang;n2544796]
    Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Right... I wasn't commenting on your collection - just the fact that you purchased a guitar from China.
    I hope you're not referring to what I can afford.
    Thanks for the links. It's pretty obvious why those models are cheaper than the one I'm interested in. The Grover Jackson is close, but it is not a contemporary to the original professional series.
    You do know the XL series also came with JT-580ip too right. I know it's hard to keep up with shit.I only know because I bought a dinky XL with a 580lp while the one I had owned before had a 590. I was pissed. I thought the guy had duped me, but it was correct for that year . I've come to like them now.

My advice, buy post pic's so that we mere mortals may honor it in all it gloriousness
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 06-03-2021, 08:45 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I don't know what you're referring to, but I posted the wrong pic and then erased it.
      But, if you're lookin for a fight, cocksucker....
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

You can save the hassle by banning me now.
        Last edited by Mudlark; 06-04-2021, 05:56 AM.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          I don't know what you're referring to, but I posted the wrong pic and then erased it.
          But, if you're lookin for a fight, cocksucker....

No, I don't do internet fighting bro.
          My computer doesn't have the skillset. I was merely joking and it must have touched a nerve. all apologies.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I would be nervous about buying a guitar from Australia but that said I did buy some Stub axles for my car from there once as they were the only used set on all of Ebay. Can't remember what taxes and duties were if any. Some sellers mark things as a gift to avoid that. Not sure what happens if customs figures out they lied. I guess you have to pony up the cash to get them to release it to you. If you really want it and think shipping and taxes/ duties will be around $200 offer him $1000 or$1100. if he accepts then your final total may not be much more if any than what' it's worth. Just make sure it's insured. Aus. is a long trip.

Comment

If I were in the States there's no way in hell I'd pay near two grand for a guitar that I have to hope and pray makes it here from Australia. It's bad enough hoping for a guitar to ship from a couple of states away with the UPS gorillas. I paid 800 bucks for a USA SL1 Soloist years ago. Now I understand those prices have increased but if I"m looking to spend two grand there's gonna be at least one if not two USA made guitars added to my stable.

Sure it's a rare bird for this side of the pond but there's no way in hell I'm paying more than 800 bucks shipped for that. If I were gonna drop that much or more coin it will be a Soloist Pro or a USA SL1 or 2.

Comment

Working...
              X