Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grover Jackson Soloist Standard HH 1993 on Reverb - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
    If you are not in Australia, I wouldn't touch anything from Australia.
    lol why is that?

Comment

I expect the prices and extra fees are notoriously high?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
        I expect the prices and extra fees are notoriously high?
        Plus covid is delaying a bunch of shit and yes, you are paying taxes ( customs and duties) shipping 200-180 or more
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Hmm OK, perhaps I'll look for something in the US. These don't seem to be easy to find anywhere though.

Comment

I wouldn't give up that easily if I wanted it.
            Try to get a deal. He may know the market is flooded with guitars compared to buyers.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Aswang View Post

lol why is that?
              as others have said - cost

I just can't see it being price beneficial to deal with Australians.

Comment

well if money wasnt a deciding factor like if you were elon musk then i would see no problem buying stuff from australia.

Comment

1. regardless of how much money someone has, a $1000 guitar shouldn't cost $3000.
                  *That's why lottery winners go broke - I have money, let's spend it.
                  2. if you are Elon, you pick it up in person the next time you fly by.
                  *Or, better yet, you fly in the owner to perform a show, buy the guitar - and then you write the entire thing off as an entertainment expense.

Comment

or better yet make a tweet that jacksons are shit and watch the price drop to 500 and then fly in to scoop the deal

Comment

There are a few on ebay, one is a pro the other is an xl type neither cost as much as that. yes they been played and show it. but one chip or five is still not mint collectors pricing. Shit I bought a soloist from china for 165. plus shipping in march, looks like it's finally on a plane maybe?
                      But what it is or how it plays for 165. who cares. I told them to not brand it. Jackson and gibson can do it. so can I. now a couple grand sight unseen fuck that
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                        There are a few on ebay, one is a pro the other is an xl type neither cost as much as that. yes they been played and show it. but one chip or five is still not mint collectors pricing. Shit I bought a soloist from china for 165. plus shipping in march, looks like it's finally on a plane maybe?
                        But what it is or how it plays for 165. who cares. I told them to not brand it. Jackson and gibson can do it. so can I. now a couple grand sight unseen fuck that
                        Each to their own - Personally, I'd never buy anything for any amount from China. I'd rather put that money into something better. Hope it works out though!
                        You mean the Soloist Pro with the snapped head for $1475?
                        And I can't find the XL types - could you post a link?
                        Cheers

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Aswang;n2544791]

Each to their own - Personally, I'd never buy anything for any amount from China. I'd rather put that money into something better. Hope it works out though!
                            You mean the Soloist Pro with the snapped head for $1475?
                            And I can't find the XL types - could you post a link?
                            Cheers

Umm, I have USA soloist's and MIJ soloist's and have owned many more of both and I'm beyond sure a two hundred dollar china made or anything Jackson makes right now will compare. a lot of models you can afford now are now made in china even some of the pro series.

there are three or more MIJ soloist on ebay right now. heres two like an xl, i'd know I've owned a XL MIJ US series. This threads a dead horse. There is no buyer, maybe a seller

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28429925149...YAAOSwFptgikKU

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26512681265...QAAOSwOp1gekF2

Last edited by john.w.lawson; 06-03-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=john.w.lawson;n2544794]
                              Originally posted by Aswang View Post

Umm, I have USA soloist's and MIJ soloist's and have owned many more of both and I'm beyond sure a two hundred dollar china made or anything Jackson makes right now will compare. a lot of models you can afford now are now made in china even some of the pro series.

there are three or more MIJ soloist on ebay right now. heres two like an xl, i'd know I've owned a XL MIJ US series heres two. This threads a dead horse. There is no buyer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28429925149...YAAOSwFptgikKU

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26512681265...QAAOSwOp1gekF2

Right... I wasn't commenting on your collection - just the fact that you purchased a guitar from China.
                              I hope you're not referring to what I can afford.
                              Thanks for the links. It's pretty obvious why those models are cheaper than the one I'm interested in. The Grover Jackson is close, but it is not a contemporary to the original professional series.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                                Don't even start. It's not my fault you are on your period.....

Comment

Working...
                                X