Jackson Stars from Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread just in time...

I was thinking of picking up a "Jackson Stars" RR at my local shop for $149. The action is great, but wondering if I should get a pickup while im there, or are the stock ones good? also need to check the SN# I guess as well before pulling the trigger .... Love the JCF!

Comment

Originally posted by andyeclipse View Post
      Great thread just in time...

I was thinking of picking up a "Jackson Stars" RR at my local shop for $149. The action is great, but wondering if I should get a pickup while im there, or are the stock ones good? also need to check the SN# I guess as well before pulling the trigger .... Love the JCF!
      For $150, who gives a damn where it was made.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well, after five years I must say all this thread was a kind of panic and not knowing what's worth what. Much research was done, and I am now pretty shure I've got exactly what I've paid for. This is a Japaneese Jackson Stars alright. The quality of BN03 series is not that perfect, ok. But it is what it is. I did some work and I am now long time happy with this instrument having no intentions to get rid of it whatsoever. I played hell of a lot guitars during the time passed and I gotta admit: the string buzz I took as a problem is actually 1. perfectly normal thing, 2. a bad workman blames his tools. I improoved a lot (I hope) and now the guitar is just perfect for me. I'm glad I didn't sell it or something back then, because now, I must say, I know what is a bad guitar. Mine is far from that :-) So yeah, keep on rocking, everyone.

Jackson JS30RR
        Jackson Stars RR-BN03 STB
        In soviet Russia...

Comment

Cool. Welcome back. Nice to see you still enjoying that guitar!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Every Jackson Guitar I have had has had Jin-Ho Tuners. I have owned Japan,Korea,India, and china Jackson guitars.Jin-Ho is the OEM for Jackson's tuners. That looks to be Japan to me. The Korean ones were the Performers in the late 90's.

Comment

It is basically same as Jackson RR3T, only targeted to domestic japanese market. Made by Chushin Gakki, which built all japanese Jacksons. It should be a very good guitar even if it has not so much bling and decorations.
              --
              Only 90-94 Jackson Professional Pro´s had Gotoh tuners, all import Jacksons after that are equipped with Jin-Ho tuners, I believe. Made in USA Jacksons still have Gotohs, right?
              Last edited by Zedder; 03-19-2016, 04:56 PM.
              My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

I just removed a Jackson branded tuner from my 2011 MIJ DKMGT, and to my surprise it said made in either BY or BK and Jin Ho. I was under the impression that the Pro series were Gotoh.

My USA SL2HT Jackson tuners had Japan written on them. The replacement Jackson tuners my dealer got me had Japan written on them as well as Gotoh on the packaging.

All that said, my DK has the same excellent tuning stability with the Jin-Ho's as my SL does with Gotohs. I did have to replace the plastic nut with bone, though.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by andyeclipse View Post
                  but wondering if I should get a pickup while im there, or are the stock ones good? also need to check the SN# I guess as well before pulling the trigger .... Love the JCF!
                  If it passed my scrutiny I'd get it without question. That's a great price for any functioning Japanese Jackson.

As for the pups, it depends on what's in it. Any idea what they are? I'd give whatever's in it a chance before considering a swap. They may sound great.
                  Stars models ranged from entry to custom shop, so knowing the model could be beneficial. Picsand a serial would be helpful.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by SylentCommando View Post
                    Every Jackson Guitar I have had has had Jin-Ho Tuners. I have owned Japan,Korea,India, and china Jackson guitars.Jin-Ho is the OEM for Jackson's tuners. That looks to be Japan to me. The Korean ones were the Performers in the late 90's.
                    Yes, I know now. Furthermore, even if it was not so, I really had and have no reason to be bitching about my tuners, they perfectly keep my tunning even if guitar stays in a room for half a year with changing temperature and noone plays it. Also nothing bad happens to a neck. The instrument is perfectly fine, I was just stupid.
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Jackson Stars RR-BN03 STB
                    In soviet Russia...

Comment

All my guitars are japs, and I've always thinked all tuners were Gotoh. Always learning new things here...

Comment

Working...
                      X