Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Good going, Rondick.
    That'd be Rondrik. I'll also accept Rögnvaldr if you want to get all Norse about it Actually my name means "mighty ruler"*

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
    Well, you DID send me a Jackson catalog back in 2006, all costs paid by you to Denmark, so I can't be mad at you. I've tried, but it won't work
    Plus, I offered to send some more a couple years ago, but you said you already had them...

* from Wikiname:

"
    Ronald is a masculine proper name originating from the German Teutonic and Scandinavian and meaning "Having the Gods' Power" and "decreeing powers." [1]

Ronald is the Gaelic form of a Norse name, Rögnvaldr. It originally meant “Wise Ruler” from “ragin” (advice) and “vald” (strength, rule).It was uncommon in Anglo-Saxon times (as Regenweald), but popular with the Normans (as Reinold). The Scottish Gaelic form Ronald became popular again during the mid-20th century.[1]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
      I'm puzzled though that a paint stick has been attached to the body not once, not twice, but three times :think:
      Are you talking about this little holes in the pocket?
      My previous JS30 was covered with them there.
      Also the bridge is just the same with my JS30, on both guitars it is something with "KB-1993" written on the bottom of it.
      Jackson JS30RR
      Jackson Stars RR-BN03 STB
      In soviet Russia...

Comment

Honestly i doubt it was made in India, everything looks to be a Jackson Stars - however,
        I looked for awhile last night for neck plate pictures of them closest to your model that i could find and i could not find any pictures of a one with that neck plate - they all were actually plain neck plate with just a serial number on them, three pics to be exact.

However to me that still doesn't mean much as they could have changed neck plates at some time. I don't see why a fake would go for a more elaborate stamped plate when to pass it as real all they would need was a very plain neck plate.
        More likely it is a legit guitar, but besides actually calling japan and trying to find out directly i think you are just stressing yourself out.

The main issue is if you can get the fret buzz or string buzz sorted out. Fret buzz means frets need leveled or the neck adjusted, open string buzz is a nut or bridge issue..OR it is not string buzz at all but sounds very much like it meaning there is something else that is loose and causing a vibration that sounds similar to a string buzz, like a tuner with some play in the post or a bridge piece or even a loose screw or something.

I've had this it happen before and i could not figure it out - the guitar made a buzzing sound, it sounded like the strings only because when you strum it happens of course, but i decided i would take the whole guitar apart and thought i would re tighten every screw everything!

Finally i realized it was the floyd wrench holder on the back of the headstock ( i know you don't have this) but i just mean it could be something else entirely besides string buzz (and it really sounded like string buzz too). It's hard to really say when we are not holding the guitar, but i think the problem can be found. It may be something very simple you will slap your head, well that would be a good thing if it's that easy, don't give up.

Comment

Привет, Боча

I think the best thing you can do is to show photo of your guitar. Unfortunately, Russian market is full of cheap chinese-made copies, so possibly you bought on of them.

For example, founded this

'94 KV PCS
          '99 KV-2 Camo
          '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
          '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Originally posted by dr.distortion View Post
            I think the best thing you can do is to show photo of your guitar.
            Eh, he did post a photo:
            http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/116...=1#post1416121 :think:
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sorry, my bad, that was absent first time i read this thread. That's due to my internet provider
              '94 KV PCS
              '99 KV-2 Camo
              '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
              '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Originally posted by Bocha View Post
                All frets with 3, 5 and 6th string, sometimes even open. Adjusting the truss rod slightly changes the strings height, but does not affect the buzz, ajusting the bridge also changes nothing.
                I doubt it was that way when it came new. Looks like the previous owner did not take care of the neck. If you're really looking to keep it I would get it checked about by another experienced luthier. Ask about fret leveling. Just about everything can be fixed...if not perfect, at least to acceptable levels. Maybe the nut needs a shim too? Just throwing every possibility out there.

Comment

Just give up on it and send it to me!!!! Just kidding man.
                  Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

This story really shows what some of us are going through. I hope you will successfully fix that Rhoads, it's a nice guitar.

In Croatia, Jackson guitars are also quite expensive. There are only a few music stores that sell Jacksons. JS Jacksons cost around 2700 HRK (around 500 $). My friend bought a DKMGT, it was around 6000 HRK (~1100 $), without any kind of case!... USA Jacksons start around 22000 HRK (~4100 $) + you have to wait 3-6 months for the guitar to arrive. It's a really f***ed up situation.

Comment

You said it, man, you said it. It's seems to be faster and cheaper to go to America and buy guitar there yourself.
                      Jackson JS30RR
                      In soviet Russia...

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I didn't know buying guitars was so hard or expensive in some places.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                          Sounds like a plan. I didn't know buying guitars was so hard or expensive in some places.
                          Yeah, too bad I can't leave my country for two more years.
                          Jackson JS30RR
                          In soviet Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by Bocha View Post
                            Yeah, too bad I can't leave my country for two more years.
                            Military? Well you're most welcome anytime. Be my guest. I bet you'd love Texas. Cheers, and all the best dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                              Military? Well you're most welcome anytime. Be my guest. I bet you'd love Texas. Cheers, and all the best dude!
                              Jackson JS30RR
                              In soviet Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                                I looked for awhile last night for neck plate pictures of them closest to your model that i could find and i could not find any pictures of a one with that neck plate - they all were actually plain neck plate with just a serial number on them, three pics to be exact.
                                I have found some Grover Jackson:

As you can see, the plate contains Jackson Stars logo. Here's closer look:

Serial # also contains 8 digits. The guy who sells it says it's Grover Jackson DXMG made in Japan in 2005.
                                Jackson JS30RR
                                In soviet Russia...

Comment

Working...
                                X