Jackson Stars from Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bocha View Post
    Jackson Stars always was and is an inner product of Japan. You can't officially buy them from Japan, but people buy them there and send to the whole world. So the serial number can not be for Russia or Europe, it's only for Japan just like the Jackson Stars logo is. The other thing is, you're right, Jackson Stars from 2000 till 2009 was numbered with 6 digits beginning from 0. Then Fender sued their asses and Jackson Stars now also belongs to Fender? all the top models were canceled. Furthermore, since I am looking for proof that this guitar was or was not made in Japan and I didn't find any proof yet, this obviosly means that this guitar easily could be made just anywhere. Guys from the workshop, as I mentioned, think it's Korean, so that's the whole question of the topic is.
    Fender didn't sue Jackson. They bought Jackson/Charvel.
    The Japanese market line used to be called Grover Jackson then changed to Jackson Stars. The Jackson Stars line just got a name change and is just Jackson now. There was some clause where the Jackson name couldn't be used by itself for the Japanese market for awhile, but apparently it's been resolved.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Fender didn't sue Jackson. They bought Jackson/Charvel.
      The Japanese market line used to be called Grover Jackson then changed to Jackson Stars. The Jackson Stars line just got a name change and is just Jackson now. There was some clause where the Jackson name couldn't be used by itself for the Japanese market for awhile, but apparently it's been resolved.
      I see, so I got it all wrong.
      Anyway, RacerX asked the right question. Could Jackson Stars ever have 8-digit serial number? AFAIK it could not. So what do I have? Some fake?
      Jackson JS30RR
      Jackson Stars RR-BN03 STB
      In soviet Russia...

Comment

Off with the neck and show us the neck heel and pocket - if you wanna go all the way with this investigation.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
          Off with the neck and show us the neck heel and pocket - if you wanna go all the way with this investigation.
          Sooooo.....
          Neck heel looks normal, explaining nothing:

BUT! It's pocket, that says it all:

Does everybody see letters of Indian alphabet or it's just me?
          Jackson JS30RR
          In soviet Russia...

Comment

Where is the fret buzz? Which frets and which strings?

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
              Where is the fret buzz? Which frets and which strings?
              All frets with 3, 5 and 6th string, sometimes even open. Adjusting the truss rod slightly changes the strings height, but does not affect the buzz, ajusting the bridge also changes nothing.
              Jackson JS30RR
              In soviet Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by Bocha View Post
                Does everybody see letters of Indian alphabet or it's just me?
                A little blurry, but I think those are numbers for the date. I clearly see a "6" before them.
                I think both heel and pocket have the model number and date on them with no further info.
                My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                  A little blurry, but I think those are numbers for the date. I clearly see a "6" before them.
                  I think both heel and pocket have the model number and date on them with no further info.
                  date is there just a bit lower, made with a stamp, it says 06.10.24, so marker-written letters state something else.
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  In soviet Russia...

Comment

I think the scribble in the neck pocket reflect the date too. I agree with DalyTek on this one. Everything looks legit to me. I'm puzzled though that a paint stick has been attached to the body not once, not twice, but three times :think:
                    Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      What do you think, Hendrik?
                      I think you're pushing your luck.
                      Henrik

Comment

He called you Hendrik again!

Comment

I'm afraid so
                          Henrik

Comment

[Jack Bauer] DAMMIT! [/Jack Bauer]

Sorry buddy...I edited it...
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good going, Rondick.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                Sorry buddy...I edited it...
                                Well, you DID send me a Jackson catalog back in 2006, all costs paid by you to Denmark, so I can't be mad at you. I've tried, but it won't work
                                Henrik

Comment

Working...
                                X