X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohhh duh

Comment

Originally posted by pittpens24 View Post
      Soo if both of my guitars are 6 digit - one bolt on neck and one neck thru body and both start with 00 - that means they are 1990?
      Not necessarily, depends on the model.
      00xxxx on a neck thru generally means 2000.
      00xxxx on a bolt on could mean a couple things, depending on the model.

What models are they?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by ars_vl View Post
        Hi everyone...
        Also would like to find smth about my guitar/
        That serial is almost certainly for 2000. By that year the 'J' wasn't being used on MIJ neck thrus anymore.

I can only suggest finding a 2000 GJ catalogue to help identify the model. Or, you could start a new thread, someone here may be familiar with it...but it's a long shot.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Soloist archtop pro - J001033 neck thru
          Kelly std - J000877

Neither can be 2000 models as I bought them in 91-93

Comment

Well, you didn't mention the 'J' on either serial. That 'J' is essential in determining what era the guitars are from.
            The 'J' wasn't used during the 2000's, which is what I meant by 'it depends on the model'.

The Soloist is 1990.

The Kelly was available from '93-'95. I'm unaware of any way to decode those stickered numbers that came on some models, usually models without a neck plate. They were, for the most part, only used for a short time during the mid-'90s.

If you remove the neck you may find date/model stamps in the pocket, but I can't be certain you'll find stamps on some of those older models.
            Last edited by Mudlark; 01-29-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jboe View Post
              Thank you guys very much for the answers. Here is pic of the guitar.

the image quality might be poor.. I have a feeling it is maybe Dinky?
              That is a DRX made for the European market.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Well, you didn't mention the 'J' on either serial. That 'J' is essential in determining what era the guitars are from.
                The 'J' wasn't used during the 2000's, which is what I meant by 'it depends on the model'.

The Soloist is 1990.

The Kelly was available from '93-'95. I'm unaware of any way to decode those stickered numbers that came on some models, usually models without a neck plate. They were, for the most part, only used for a short time during the mid-'90s.

If you remove the neck you may find date/model stamps in the pocket, but I can't be certain you'll find stamps on some of those older models.
                Sorry for the mis information and thank you for putting me on the right track very much appreciated

Comment

Comment

I have a Jackson I bought about six or seven years ago for 500 bucks. It is a bolt on, reverse headstock, with emg hz pickups,Floyd rose bridge,and pearl on the frets. Serial # starts with 97 and is seven digits. I think it may be a 97 mij dxmg, but I'm a bit confused. On here it mentions newer models having 7 digits. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

There were 2 different formats used on those 7 digit numbers. A 97xxxxx serial occasionally means 1997, but the majority of 97xxxxx numbers indicates 2003ish-2007ish MIJ.

A MIJ DXMG wasn't available until the early 2000's, so it would be an '03-'07 model...if it's a DXMG.

A '97 model would most often have 'Professional' written on the headstock.
                      Last edited by Mudlark; 02-04-2016, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I kind of figured it wasn't that old (97).

Comment

Jackson Serial Number

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post

Hello, new here, you seem to be the guru out here, thanks for helping so many, time for 1 more?
                          I have a Jackson Serial# 9760754. Black , maple neck with shark tooth inlays, 2 humbuckers. Best I can find in catalogs is a DK2M. I am wondering the year, because from what I gather its a 97, but find the guitar in the 2006 catalog, small confusion. Also I believe it is from Japan. Any help Thanks.

Comment

97 does not mean necessarily 1997.

And we can't identify models from Serials. We need pictures for that.
                            Serials can only give an approximate date.

Comment

I wasn't looking for the model of the guitar, I got that, Thanks. As I stated, just was looking for an approximate year, that's all. Thanks

Comment

9760xxx should be late '05 or 2006. If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps in the neck pocket.
                                There were 2 number formats used.
                                1) 97xxxxx= 1997
                                2) By far the most common format, 97xxxxx= 2003ish-2007ish.

Assuming you do have a DK2M (maple fret board/black inlays), it would be among the first of those models.
                                The DK2M was first available in '06 and was made in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X