Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RR3 has a different tremolo.
    Therefore, assuming the trem, chrome hardware, and neck haven't been switched, it's a '96 RR4.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

So it's an RR4. Thanks a lot.

Comment

My guitar

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me find out what guitar my Jackson is and how much is it worth if selling?
        Serial number is : 9656045 and it is made in Japan. Thats all I know..

Comment

Id say a 1998 Jackson.. MIJ but others are much more knowledgeable than me.. hard to tell you if its worth selling.. no pics.. no model #, etc
          GEAR:
          #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
          #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
          #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
          #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
          #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
          AMPS:
          1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
          ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Can't determine the model with a serial. Post a pic or list the specs and body shape. Rhoads shape (offset V), V shape, Strat shape, Kelly shape(Explorer)...etc? When posting pics you first need to post them on a photo sharing site such as photobucket, tinypic etc., then copy the link here.

The number indicates it is indeed a Japanese model. Depending on which model, it could be either '96 or 2005ish. Assuming it doesn't have 'Professional' on the headstock it's probably a mid-2000s.

Keep in mind: If the guitar was used when you got it, the neck plate/serial may not be original.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Can't determine the model with a serial. Post a pic or list the specs and body shape. Rhoads shape (offset V), V shape, Strat shape, Kelly shape(Explorer)...etc? When posting pics you first need to post them on a photo sharing site such as photobucket, tinypic etc., then copy the link here.

The number indicates it is indeed a Japanese model. Depending on which model, it could be either '96 or 2005ish. Assuming it doesn't have 'Professional' on the headstock it's probably a mid-2000s.

Keep in mind: If the guitar was used when you got it, the neck plate/serial may not be original.
              as i said someone more knowledgeable that me lol

I prefer to take the neck off and look in the pocket if possible too..
              GEAR:
              #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
              #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
              #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
              #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
              #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
              AMPS:
              1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
              ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Thank you guys very much for the answers. Here is pic of the guitar.

the image quality might be poor.. I have a feeling it is maybe Dinky?

Comment

I misspoke earlier. 965xxxx is around 2000.
                  975xxxx is mid-2000s.

I may be corrected, but that looks like a '99-'01 MIJ PS4 Performer with a swapped neck. The PS4 had dot inlays and a reverse headstock.

As mentioned, if you remove the neck you may/should find date/model stamps on the neck heel/pocket.

That body shape with a bolt on neck would be called a Dinky. That body shape with a neck thru body would be a Soloist.

Comment

Agreed.. that's a PS-4 body with a neck swap... possibly from a DK2.
                    -Rick

Comment

Trying to figure out what exactly I have with this soloist, I remember buying it in the early 2000s new, but it was heavily discounted at the time because it was sitting in the store for years... the number on the neck is 004122. Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone...
                        Also would like to find smth about my guitar/
                        It's a Soloist with HH setup and Grover Jackson logo on the headstock. I'm pretty sure it's MIJ and has serial 0018XX (wihtout J letter, which is strange for a neck-thruh guitar).
                        Also it has Takeuchi tremolo which looks similar to jt-580lp and Duncan Desighn pickups.
                        Does anyone know smth about?

Last edited by ars_vl; 01-28-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

http://jacksonguitar.ru/catalogs/gro...harvel_014.jpg
                          I found Dinky(DK-c.u.65) in the catalogue above that looks very similar with my GJ SL. It has the same body and harware colour as well as tremolo system and body finishing(poplar with flame maple top).
                          Actually there are only two diffirences I can judge from here -pickups set up and neck joint.

Also link of the full catalogue
                          http://jacksonguitar.ru/GROVER_JACKSON.htm

Comment

Just to be clear, by 'neck' do you mean fretboard? Neck thru serials are on the fretboard, bolt on serials are on the neck plate.

That number on a Soloist indicates made in Japan, 2000. I'm thinking you have either an SL3 (24 frets) or SL4 (22 frets). Google image those models and you should find your guitar.

Check out the 2001 catalogue for a list of specs.
                            http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...01_catalog.pdf

Comment

Soo if both of my guitars are 6 digit - one bolt on neck and one neck thru body and both start with 00 - that means they are 1990? And what Does MIJ mean? I have seen that posted a bunch of times

Comment

Made in Japan, isn't it?)))

Comment

Working...
                                X