Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    The 2007 part is correct, but I'm unaware of any way to decipher month and day from those numbers...it may be possible, maybe not.
    They were numbered sequentially. So, unlike some other companies with 12 digit numbers, each representing an identifier, all we know is that 073907 was stamped after 073906.

Even the word stamped is different than the word made. Being that it takes many weeks to make a guitar (or years in the custom shop), the order it was started may not be the order it was stamped which may not be the order it was finished.

Comment

I have no clue how to identify my model. It's a dinky with a reverse headstock. The plate on the back of the neck lists "NHJ1020778". Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinkelberg96 View Post
        I have no clue how to identify my model. It's a dinky with a reverse headstock. The plate on the back of the neck lists "NHJ1020778". Any help would be appreciated.
        Made in India in 2010. Either X Series or JS Series. Perhaps if you post a pic, or tell us what pickups and bridge it has, or just compare yours with Dinkys on the Jackson website you should be able to identify your model.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
          Made in India in 2010. Either X Series or JS Series. Perhaps if you post a pic, or tell us what pickups and bridge it has, or just compare yours with Dinkys on the Jackson website you should be able to identify your model.

Comment

Gonna' need a pic or detailed description. Number of frets, dot or sharkfin inlays, tremolo or string thru body, Floyd Rose or vintage style trem? If you post a pic, you first need to post them on a photo sharing site such as tinypic or photobucket etc. and then copy the links here.
            I'd guess it's either a JS1R, JS22R or JS32RT.
            The number is definitely made in India, 2010. But, unless you got it new, it may have a different neck/neck plate/serial number.
            Originally posted by Dinkelberg96 View Post
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Gonna' need a pic or detailed description. Number of frets, dot or sharkfin inlays, tremolo or string thru body, Floyd Rose or vintage style trem? If you post a pic, you first need to post them on a photo sharing site such as tinypic or photobucket etc. and then copy the links here.
              I'd guess it's either a JS1R, JS22R or JS32RT.
              The number is definitely made in India, 2010. But, unless you got it new, it may have a different neck/neck plate/serial number.
              Here's a picture. Chrome Jackson rose, sharkfin fret inlays as well.

Comment

The 2007 part is correct, but I'm unaware of any way to decipher month and day from those numbers...it may be possible, maybe not.
                Thank you, I think I will write to Jackson's support maybe they could tell me more.

Comment

Dinkelberg96, that's a JS32R Dinky.
                  NewHewkas, good luck getting a simple reply let alone any useable info from customer relations. They're practically useless from my experiences. It's worth a try, though.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have a MIJ Rhandy Rodes model, serial 603224. Chrome floyd rose, professional series. There's a single volume controller. Having a hard time identifying the year and other guitars with this specs.

Comment

That number indicates 1996, Japan. Sounds like an RR3, maybe RR4? Not sure if they were available with a chrome tremolo, though.

Any pics? You first need to load them on photobucket, tinypic or a similar site and then copy the link here.

Comment

The painting is not original.

Comment

Also, sorry for the double post, would edit, but I'm waiting for the post approval.

Comment

Looks like an RR4.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Seems the RR4 did come with chrome hardware as well as black.

Comment

So, probably an RR4 from 1996? Thanks a lot guys. Found this, looks a lot like that RR3: http://img.audiofanzine.com/image.ph...oduct_id=83090
                                Last edited by Reinkaos; 09-23-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X