Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Import Charvel Bluebook

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm 100% certain my *model 2* had a Kahler. I bought it new from a store here in the UK in about 1987. Am I right in guessing from what's been said that not all model 2s in circulation have the kahler trem? Dammit that was a nice guitar, but I had to sell it to buy food and stuff... : )')

[/ QUOTE ]

In 1986 all model series guitars with locking tremolos were Kahler tremolos. The Model 2 and Model 3 (including variants) had a Kahler fulcrum tremolo. The Models 4,5, and 6 had the more traditional Kahler. (the flatmount?)
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks Tekky - that'd been bugging me for a while. Kahler fulcrum - that's exactly what it was, which explains why it's totally different from the Kahlers I've seen on stuff since (the regular larger flat top-mounted thing). Since I sold mine, I've only seen Model series guitars with an 'own-brand' tremelo.

Probably not the cool thing to say, but personally I thought that Kahler fulcrum was pretty good.

Comment

Some people like them, some people don't. I personally avoid them. I prefer the 87-88 models because the JT-6 tremolo is easily replaced by an Original Floyd Rose.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Model 6 prices look low from what I've seen trade on Ebay in the past month...

Comment

There was that one for 900 something recently...I never saw how that turned out. I'd love to grab a Model 6 with a Kahler, but I just got a 91 Pro Soloist so I may need to wait a bit.
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Sorry to bump this but I feel it's in a need of update... On ebay, model 1s often go past 200 dollars, and model 6s approach 600 dollars. It's a sad time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

i bought my 650xl for a 150 bucks about four years ago.needless to say he didnt know much about guitars.it had only 2 dents in it. a drop of water fixed that prob right up though. i will never sell this guitar ever it`s my pride and joy.do you guys have any info about how many guitars(650xl) where made during that short period?

Comment

i have the predecessor, the model 6, which i will never sell either.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

There are too many variables that determine the price of a Charvel during this era. I have seen a price guide simular to this but I forgot where. This list as a kinda indication is Ok, but it's not complete. E-Bay is the ultimate price guide. And knowledge is the key. That's what this board is all about. Any information is helpful.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                      This got me thinking again. (That was a mistake). I think, I read that 375's and maybe 475's originally didn't have the contours on the back of the body. Didn't Charvel start using DNKY style bodies in the 1990-91 time frame. Could the extra $100 shown in the price list for "Figured Body" refer to the intro of the DNKY style while they were still selling the old style bodies? Or have I just read too many threads and it's all a blurr.
                      Where did you dig that up?

Comment

Sticky those old lists that you guys have dug up. They helped me a lot when I was new here. And now, I am soooo old.

Comment

Anybody know what model 5 and 5A's are going for these days? Have been checking Ebay but havn't seen any come up recently

Comment

Working...
                          X