Import Charvel Bluebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Import Charvel Bluebook

OK Charvel gurus... Are we all in agreeance with these prices??? Let's have some opinions...

(not trying to tear you up Hotrodder, I have a reason/idea for trying to verify this info that I think everyone will like...)
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Bump

Comment

thanks for the bump, but due to the lack of interest or help, this info will NOT be going into the MoAIP.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

This got me thinking again. (That was a mistake). I think, I read that 375's and maybe 475's originally didn't have the contours on the back of the body. Didn't Charvel start using DNKY style bodies in the 1990-91 time frame. Could the extra $100 shown in the price list for "Figured Body" refer to the intro of the DNKY style while they were still selling the old style bodies? Or have I just read too many threads and it's all a blurr.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

You guys disappoint me. I figured out the "Figured Body". I just bought a white crackle 375 body on the 'Bay". My 375's top is flat as a pancake. This one has the player's arm contour. In about a decade, I will know as much as yous guys. Until then, I say "HA".

Comment

Ah, OK.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just to show that there are some great deals to be had out there:

This was $100.00 (taxes included) out the door of a pawn shop a year ago:

Here in the Southeast, "metal" guitars don't have the popularity that they might elsewhere. This seems to be Fender, Gibson, and Peavey [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] country. The bad news is that there are less good Charvels and Jacksons to pick from. The good news is that they're usually cheaper when you find them.

Right now I have a Jackson Fusion EX Pro on layaway as my birthday present. The selling price is $239.00 with hardshell case and I know for a fact that this guitar was there as far back as December.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

RacerX, I wasn't trying to be a wise-guy. That's what happens when you are "Posted and toasted". Nice work on the $100.00 geetar. There is hope in Pawnama.

Comment

If I recall correctly I purchased my black body/maple fingerboard Fusion Deluxe back in 1992 at Sam Ash for $395 new (W/O case).
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by slash:
                      For what it's worth.....The prices on the model series look good to me. Only question I have is why such a wide range on this "Model 88 $300 - $1,000"
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At the time I wrote this up most of the 88's were going around $300-400 but there was one that sold on ebay for a grand.

Comment

Charvels are awesome.

Comment

my first Charvel was a model 6, way back in the day. It kicked ass but of course I sold it for like $400.00 to a buddy, but picked up another one last November and this one plays like butter. Just great old guitars!
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

What do you guys think i should ask for a 550xl refinished in dark green with a lisenced floyd, all gold hardware and seymour dunkin TB 4 and i believe a lil screamin demon? This may sound sick to you guys but i love my model 3 so i am selling my 550 and my model 6. Anyway thanks for the help in advance.

Comment

I'm 100% certain my *model 2* had a Kahler. I bought it new from a store here in the UK in about 1987. Am I right in guessing from what's been said that not all model 2s in circulation have the kahler trem? Dammit that was a nice guitar, but I had to sell it to buy food and stuff... : )')

Comment

For us UK people I'll try to compile a good list based on ebay, but so far here are my impressions:
                                Model 4: 200 -300 pounds (I paid mine 250, it's the best guitar I have ever played)
                                Model 6: 300 -450 (though I have never seen any reach this high, but I have yet to see a 1986 with Kahler and I suspect they could possibly reach this high. One I auctioned for with 250 got bought for 350...)
                                Model 7: same as model 6 it seems
                                I haven't seen much of the other models or the toothpaste series that I remember [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X