No announcement yet.

Import Serial Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does he have the Model 88 under the neck through list? See what I mean? There's always "something" screwed up.....lol!
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by scaristei
      1. Model:
      2. Color:
      3. Serial number:
      4. Neck-plate has a gasket: (Y/N)
      5. “TM” or “R” on the headstock/neck-plate:
      If you want to get REALLY nitpicky, you could also catalog whether there is a TM or R on the back of the tuners, as I have seen both from this series. But if anymore is added to the list all the fun will be sucked out, if not already, lol.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

and also what "might" help dating the guitar (again, if it's original) is if it came with a JT6 trem, look at the intonation saddle screws. Some are socket head cap allen screws (the squared of heads) and some had the round head allen screws.

...or, they just had a big box of both styles and just pulled out matching sets at the moment......

I know, I'm no help here....

Seriously, I'll help where I can
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal Tiger
          Here's a Charvel Import Serial Number Database I found on the internet, buried on someone's website - Matt Newcomb. He has some kool-ass Jackson guitars, I tell you that! Looks like it was compiled from a bunch of people in a forum, maybe. I cannot attest to it's authenticy or accuracy, although my Charvel Fusion serial number info looks to be about right to me.

http://www.autumn-frost.com/ICSNDB.html
          Wow, this is what I think we want to do...but with a bit more detail...as they "details" are what "narrow things down" ....!

It is my belief, that if we started something like this eventually we will be able to see how everything "developed" and we will see a "method to the maddness" to these serial numbers and the "hardware used" !

As I may have said before on this forum...My father did business with the Japanese and I have done biz with them and I have always found them to be "keepers of detailed records" and protectors of "history" be it the music biz, airplane parts, or electric guitars.

Can we contact this guy and add his stuff to our list - I mean "registry"?

Comment

"this guy" is a member of the JCF & regular contributor. So he shouldn't be tooo hard to track down...
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I am sure everyone has seen the "gallery" on this site......I would love to create something like this for our "forum" - One for import charvels and one for import jacksons........ck it out...! http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/Home.html

Something like this, as long as people could answer all the questions important to "qualify" and "designate" the "date in which it was made"........Could you imagine being able to see each one side by side...and over time, with the help of the members (and ebay) getting all of them in "sequencial order" ! Awsome !
              Last edited by scaristei; 05-01-2006, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X