Import Serial Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year you think it's made?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
      What year you think it's made?
      OK, Thats a good one......! Any other input????

But I am hoping that when we start collecting this info, that some of the Jackson/charvel forum "yodas" will be able to make those determinations based upon the "data" we are collecting..,They certainly have a better idea than I do! ! ! !

Comment

You mean something like this? http://www.vintagekramer.com/ Anything and everything you want to know. Cruise throught it and wish we had something like it.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Body wood type... would be high on my list.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
            You mean something like this? http://www.vintagekramer.com/ Anything and everything you want to know. Cruise throught it and wish we had something like it.

Yeh ! You are talkin bout the "registry"?

Thats definitely "The Ticket" .......It is soooo Simple and easy....problem being that Jacksons & Charvels have so many little, yet important "differences" that with a "simple" grid like that....lots of important questions would go "unanswered" and go on to only create more questions, rather than answer them.....What do you think?

Maybe we can find something "inbetween" or similar?

What cha all think ?? ?

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
              Body wood type... would be high on my list.
              Yep, wood type is important ....if you can see it to tell what it is. I for one, would not have a clue on how to tell on my guitars, as they are all "finished"?

But a good idea to be added just the same....or maybe this should be under the "other details" catagory...what cha all think?

Comment

Originally posted by scaristei
                Yep, wood type is important ....if you can see it to tell what it is. I for one, would not have a clue on how to tell on my guitars, as they are all "finished"?
                On a bolt-on, you can pull the neck off and check the neck-pocket.

With a neck-through you can remove the cavity covers or pickups and scratch the paint away down there.
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
                  On a bolt-on, you can pull the neck off and check the neck-pocket.

With a neck-through you can remove the cavity covers or pickups and scratch the paint away down there.
                  OK, Woodys the only way you can make a guess at what type wood it is is by weight. I have a Kramer Pacer that is a tonner. They made them with different wood bodies and so did all the other manufacters
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

WOW, you guys have picked up the ball and ran with it. Good to see. My observations about the bolt ons were for getting a general year of manufactor for their Model Series Charvels. By no means is it written in stone. However I do believe it fairly accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
                      OK, Woodys the only way you can make a guess at what type wood it is is by weight.
                      See, even that won't work. Depending on where the tree originally came from it can be heavier (denser) than a tree from exactly the same genus harvested somewhere else. Environmental factors have a huge impact on how a tree grows. My Model 7 is proof of that. It's basswood, and I thought it was Ash due to the sheer weight of it. Took the neck off and wah-lah, what do you know? No grain pattern like Ash has...so yes, it is Basswood. Weight don't mean shit...
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Wood weight has to do with the density of the wood.

A normal large tree will have dense structure (compressed fibres) at the base due to the weight on top of it. Make a body from the base of the tree and you get dense grain and therefore a heavy body.

Make a body out of wood from the middle of the tree, where it's not so dense, you get a lighter body.

I think i read this on Stewmac or Warmoth years back.
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Import Serial # Database

Here's a Charvel Import Serial Number Database I found on the internet, buried on someone's website - Matt Newcomb. He has some kool-ass Jackson guitars, I tell you that! Looks like it was compiled from a bunch of people in a forum, maybe. I cannot attest to it's authenticy or accuracy, although my Charvel Fusion serial number info looks to be about right to me.

http://www.autumn-frost.com/ICSNDB.html

Comment

I think I may have heard of that guy. Pretty sure he's a regular over on the ESPee board.

Comment

Originally posted by dg
                              I think I may have heard of that guy. Pretty sure he's a regular over on the ESPee board.

geez, some of those names looks familiar too
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Checked out Newc's registry. The serial numbers of the two Japanese Charvels I have fit chronologically within it.

1988 Model 3A-3081XX
                                1990 Dinky 60 SH-3410XX (I think this was a Japanese market only model)

So maybe there is some rhyme and reason to the serial numbers?
                                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                                X