Charvel Model 3 with painted neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

That is not the million dollar question. But the million dollar philosophical question. So, let's puff puff pass.
    We know what a M2 is.
    If some dealer orders a special run of 100. They use the M2 as a base, but want X Y and Z changed.
    Is it still a M2 or is it something else?
    It's sometning else. It is a special custom order and for this reason is more collectable.
    If, as in this case, the body is in ash instead of bassword, it is also a better quality model.

Comment

Originally posted by francesco73 View Post

It's sometning else. It is a special custom order and for this reason is more collectable.
      If, as in this case, the body is in ash instead of bassword, it is also a better quality model.
      I don't believe for a minute there was a "custom shop" Model 2 or any other Model series guitar. I don't know how much clearer I can be. I think some people are unfairly adding to descriptions in an attempt to get more money out of people. It's that simple. Some people are just asking too much money but at least they're not giving out bullshit stories...

Again if you believe and buy the story more power to you. If you feel it's worth it to you then rock on.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

I don't believe for a minute there was a "custom shop" Model 2 or any other Model series guitar. I don't know how much clearer I can be. I think some people are unfairly adding to descriptions in an attempt to get more money out of people. It's that simple. Some people are just asking too much money but at least they're not giving out bullshit stories...

Again if you believe and buy the story more power to you. If you feel it's worth it to you then rock on.

In this ebay case the stories have nothing to do with it because this dealer hardly knows that it is a Model 2. The same guitar is sold by other Japanese dealers who even claim that it is a 90s model. Here it is no longer a question of having experience and knowledge of Charvel guitars. Here it is a matter of pure logic. If there are very few guitars with painted necks on the net and these guitars are exclusively Charvel model 2 or model 3 from 1986, there must be an explanation. I will buy one of these guitars and gladly send you super detailed photos for your opinion. But above all I will have it viewed by an expert luthier to have me check the type of wood of the body and whether the painting is factory-made or not. At that point, if the luthier confirms that the guitar is authentic, no one will be able to convince me otherwise. At that point I will be very happy to have a very rare guitar. If you do not understand the reason for this happiness, then it means that you are not a true collector.

Comment

In this ebay case the stories have nothing to do with it because this dealer hardly knows that it is a Model 2. The same guitar is sold by other Japanese dealers who even claim that it is a 90s model. Here it is no longer a question of having experience and knowledge of Charvel guitars. Here it is a matter of pure logic. If there are very few guitars with painted necks on the net and these guitars are exclusively Charvel model 2 or model 3 from 1986, there must be an explanation. I will buy one of these guitars and gladly send you super detailed photos for your opinion. But above all I will have it viewed by an expert luthier to have me check the type of wood of the body and whether the painting is factory-made or not. At that point, if the luthier confirms that the guitar is authentic, no one will be able to convince me otherwise. At that point I will be very happy to have a very rare guitar. If you do not understand the reason for this happiness, then it means that you are not a true collector.
          Believe what you want to believe dude. It's your money and if you're happy then I reckon that is all that matters. Again, I never buy the story.

Want a custom Model 2? Hell I have one. It's been hella modded but it sure as hell is "custom".

Just because someone says it is "custom" does not mean it left the factory like that...

For the record the Jolly Roger is not for sale.

Comment

Same painted neck guitar sold by different dealers. None of them say it is a limited edition model. None of them tell stories to sell it at a higher price.

https://www.ebay.it/itm/265302423113...RgAAOSwFR1hNxO 8
            https://www.ebay.it/itm/174929350670...bcAAOSwR6lhOJS 0
            https://www.ebay.it/itm/224599494193...vUAAOSwKcRhNhr e
            https://www.ebay.it/itm/304137602801?

Comment

Same painted neck guitar sold by different dealers. None of them say it is a limited edition model. None of them tell stories to sell it at a higher price.

https://www.ebay.it/itm/265302423113...RgAAOSwFR1hNxO 8
              https://www.ebay.it/itm/174929350670...bcAAOSwR6lhOJS 0
              https://www.ebay.it/itm/224599494193...vUAAOSwKcRhNhr e
              https://www.ebay.it/itm/304137602801?
              You do realize those listings are of the same guitar serial number 233429 don't you?

Again you are trying to justify your desire to purchase by adding something that isn't even in the listing because you truly believe it's a "custom". It's cool. You've received your advice but since you haven't heard what you wanted to hear you want to try to convince some of us you're right. Not gonna happen unless you present some real, verifiable, concrete proof.
              Last edited by Razor; 09-10-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Believe what you want to believe dude. It's your money and if you're happy then I reckon that is all that matters. Again, I never buy the story.

Want a custom Model 2? Hell I have one. It's been hella modded but it sure as hell is "custom".

Just because someone says it is "custom" does not mean it left the factory like that...

For the record the Jolly Roger is not for sale.

Now that I know that you own this hideous guitar, I understand that there is no point in talking to you about the pleasure of owning a rare vintage guitar.

Comment

If you want something that will hold it's value or go up? buy a model 6 or a charvel limited 88 or a USA. I'd be waiting cause pricing is getting ready to take a nose dive!
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Now that I know that you own this hideous guitar, I understand that there is no point in talking to you about the pleasure of owning a rare vintage guitar.
                    You son do not know your ass from a hole in the ground but it's all good. Keep posting and proving it.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

If you want something that will hold it's value or go up? buy a model 6 or a charvel limited 88 or a USA. I'd be waiting cause pricing is getting ready to take a nose dive!

Thanks for your advice. Model 6 I should be able to get it this Sunday. I had already thought about the 88 model too and at the moment I found two for sale but the price is a bit high. I also found a 650XL at a very low price here in Italy but it's not in perfect condition, I'm seeing if I can find another one at a good price but in better condition, otherwise I'll take that anyway.

Comment

You son do not know your ass from a hole in the ground but it's all good. Keep posting and proving it.

Dear Razor, you may be a guitar expert, but you have a very closed mind. In my opinion, even if someone showed you an official charvel document that proves the existence of this "limited edition" model, you wouldn't believe it. I buy an average of ten guitars a month and it is not a big deal for me to spend 800-900 dollars more. But if I could prove to you that I have a guitar that came out of the factory with a painted neck, it would be an infinite pleasure for me to observe how you deny even the obvious. Also because it is not just me who observes it, but everyone. If I can't, it doesn't matter. However, unlike you, I will remain an open-minded person, always ready to learn from others and who never takes anything for granted.

Comment

personally I love it.
                          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks for your advice. Model 6 I should be able to get it this Sunday. I had already thought about the 88 model too and at the moment I found two for sale but the price is a bit high. I also found a 650XL at a very low price here in Italy but it's not in perfect condition, I'm seeing if I can find another one at a good price but in better condition, otherwise I'll take that anyway.

I find it hard to imagine finding two out of 1000 made ( the 88 limited) maybe the re-issue with two pickups instead of one slanted. I've own three, don't know why they sound like crap. I guess the stock one with the j95 sounded okay

Comment

I buy an average of ten guitars a month and it is not a big deal for me to spend 800-900 dollars more.
                              You're gonna have to spend more than that on one guitar to get the good stuff. Why are you looking at low end guitars?

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

You're gonna have to spend more than that on one guitar to get the good stuff. Why are you looking at low end guitars?
                                Am I the only one wondering if he's really the seller of the guitar originally posted?

Comment

Working...
                                X