I am stupified !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Jackson/Charvel:

That looks like the guitar there in the pic. The neck does not have a tilt back, nor does the pickguard have 2 screws to the bass side. Next time I string it up I'll open her up to solve the pickup mystery. This looks stock to me, and yes the tone and power of the pickups is awesome. I have over 30 guitars, you'd think I could tell.

2. Siggy:

That 540P-TC is a cool guitar but it gets no play at my house due to the very small neck. It feels very much like a Charvel 3DR. Although a great guitar with a bunch of tone variations, the neck feels too small to me after playing USA Customs and now the Skolnicks. Very cool & collectible though !!!

Comment

ahh I thought those little pointy tips looked like a Roadstar body. This had to have been a transistion model.

Comment

Definately must be a transition model as 1987 was the transition and that number matches. I was thinking initially the neck was from an EX120 but that neck doesn't say anything below the Ibanez logo. Pete's guitar says something, and if I could see it clearer when enlarged I bet it will say Roadstar Series (see pic below). The 1st generation of RG550/560/570 had Roadstar Series under the logo.

Found a similar RG135 SSS config.

So these are out there.

Comment

ha ha look at the high e tuner on that pic just above.

that guitar looks like it took a beating.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by scaristei View Post
            My favorite guitars have become the 1986-87 Charvel's - (I have 5 of them) all were made in Japan - all were (for the most part) wired by hand and have the electronic guts that you will only find in a $1000.00 guitar - These gutiars are made to last and play great - great necks, great bodies, all well built.....They put all the low end Fenders, Ibanez, Gibson, Epiphone, etc. guitars......Absolutely the best bang for your buck ! ! ! !
            Whats your point. No offense, but were talking about an Ibanez guitar, not Charvels.

Anyway, nice guitar heartfielder. I really dig the yellow demon guitar.

Comment

Ok this is probably a transition model or one that never made it into the catalog. Another anomaly is that the pickguard on the guitar I pictured as well as Pete's aren't the standard pickguard that Ibanez uses. Ibanez pickguards from their Blazer, Roadster, and Roadstar I and Roadstar II all have that similar sloping line across the top:

I am at a loss as to why Ibanez would make a non-standard pickguard for a guitar that wasn't a very expensive guitar, and didn't bridge the gap to be used on other models later on.

Comment

I am at a loss as to why Ibanez would make a non-standard pickguard for a guitar that wasn't a very expensive guitar, and didn't bridge the gap to be used on other models later on.

Probably because it's very rare and valuable !!!!

Let's start the bidding at $500.00 !!!

Comment

You go Pete!!! If I were you I'd hold out for no less than a cool $1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                    You go Pete!!! If I were you I'd hold out for no less than a cool $1000.
                    Pebber = Pete

Heartfielder = Paul

Comment

Pete... Paul... I got confused, sorry for the mixup bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X