I am stupified !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am stupified !!!!!!

On a whim, I bought an old KOREAN Ibanez RG120 off of Ebay. This guitar is a smaller body, who knows what kinda pups, but my point is .... IT IS GREAT !!!!!! Solid as a rock and sustains wonderfully !!!! Excellent action !!!! As I said ... I am stupified !!! Check it out !!! Here's one of the body and another for size reference.

The pickups are most likely Ibanez Powersounds. I had them on two of my guitars and thought they were the worst pickups ever. I still have to find a pickup that sucks more.

Comment

Paul, check your PM's.....
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        ...Ibanez Powersounds....they were the worst pickups ever. I still have to find a pickup that sucks more.
        +1
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

So much for being courteous, huh guys ?

They sound good to me ...

Comment

don't care for the red, but the yellow one is catching my eye

great addition for your new P-trio!

Comment

That was a older lower line RG, but I have a few of the older RG's from early 80's and they are all solid guitars. Looks similar to a model 3a w/o a pointy.

Comment

A friend of mine bought a SA120 and it made in Indonesia, but I really like it. It has a real metal/shred tone to it
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Just because a guitar was made overseas doesn't make it a bad guitar. Particularly the ones made in the '80's. That was before they made 7,000,000 guitars a year.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'm tellin' ya, this bitch cooks !!! I came home last night from work looking forward to playing the Yellow 540P-HH and ended up with the RG120 for the rest of the night !!!!! Very surprised !!!

Comment

Whats the deal with these Ibanez Demons? Everyone says they're rare but like 20 JCFer's have them? :P

Comment

Looks like a Roadstar to me. A friend of mine bought a new Korean RG a couple of years ago with Powersound pickups, I personally thought they had more bite than my Seymour Duncans.
                        Nice guitar(s) you have there.

Comment

Ibanez. You just can't beat them.
                          Even their cheap ass RG's are great players. I am in the minority because I have always liked Ibanez humbuckers. Especially the V series.

Comment

They are actualy 540PII's is there title, great guitars made famous by some hack guitarist from this little old shred band called testament, not sure if you ever heard of them, I guess the guitarist was ok (sarcasim)

They are a limited amount of these guitars, you just have to remember most people on this board are older and can afford to pay the price for them, or have had them since the 80's. We are not talking rare like 10 guitars, but still rare.

Another nice guitar is the regular 540P which I own a black one and I have had a white and a pink one, this is the same guitar you see on Satch's album cover. They are a smaller body, wizard neck and alder body. They are also kind of rare as you do not see many, but of course for some reason they have not caught on like the 540PII's when it comes to price. By the way, the P's stand for power, and these guitars were shipped with IBZ's which are basically dimarzio's.

Here is a 540P, i use to own this one and my friend paul purchased it from me and traded it towards a 540PII which of course he eventually sold.
                            http://www.jcguitars.com/ibzrgwht1.JPG

I have been trying to get this guitar back for $375, he gave us $350 on the trade in, but he will not cave in and give me that price just yet. He has had it for well over two years so i am hoping he will eventually. The guitar is not all original, it is missing the original pickups and the trem setter in the back.

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja View Post
                            Whats the deal with these Ibanez Demons? Everyone says they're rare but like 20 JCFer's have them? :P

Comment

1. Sean, that is from the Roadstar Series.

2. Siggy, the 540P's came in SH (single, hum) & HH (hum, hum) with 22 frets.

The 540PII's came in similar config's but had pickguards and 24 frets.

Like so:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X