No announcement yet.

I am stupified !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite guitars have become the 1986-87 Charvel's - (I have 5 of them) all were made in Japan - all were (for the most part) wired by hand and have the electronic guts that you will only find in a $1000.00 guitar - These gutiars are made to last and play great - great necks, great bodies, all well built.....They put all the low end Fenders, Ibanez, Gibson, Epiphone, etc. guitars......Absolutely the best bang for your buck ! ! ! !

Comment

The 540P also came with the mother bucker, a humbucker with a single right next to it.

The 540PII's did not all have pickguards, some did and some didnt.

Like you said mine has 22 frets which is a difference between the PII's, also I believe the PII's were basswood where the P's where alder.

Both guitars are great to play, but i never really cared for the look of the PII's. I can get away with the Inlays, but the warped shape body just didnt do anything for me.

I had a USA custom with Snake Skin and reverse headstock, should have never sold that guitar!

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
      1. Sean, that is from the Roadstar Series.

2. Siggy, the 540P's came in SH (single, hum) & HH (hum, hum) with 22 frets.

The 540PII's came in similar config's but had pickguards and 24 frets.

Like so:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

The 540P also came with the mother bucker, a humbucker with a single right next to it.

You mean like this ?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

1. Sean, that is from the Roadstar Series.

2. Siggy, the 540P's came in SH (single, hum) & HH (hum, hum) with 22 frets.

The 540PII's came in similar config's but had pickguards and 24 frets.

Like so:

[IMG][/IMG]
          Wooooot. This one looks perfect.

Comment

I don't remember the Roadstar series having that headstock, the ones I remember had that 'turned up' strat sized headstock (RS440).

Comment

whats the plate say for a serial Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                whats the plate say for a serial Paul?
                Plate = nothing

Headstock sticker = P700244 Made in Korea

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                  I don't remember the Roadstar series having that headstock, the ones I remember had that 'turned up' strat sized headstock (RS440).
                  Sean,

If you wanna see all the Roadstar model specs, there is pretty detailed section at www.ibanezcollectors.com in their Forum/Cool contemporary section. Informative.

Comment

sorry dude, but powersounds are horrible, give me your address I'll send you one for free if you like 'em.....wait...shit, I got two powersound single coils here aswell, I can send those too
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The body and pickguard config kinda reminds me of the Fender LeadII from back in the day. Cool.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

sweet ibanez - reminds me of the white one vinnie moore used to play

Comment

Heartfielder, looks like a mutt. Roadstar RS120? body, and whatever the serial says on the back of the headstock (looks like a post 1987 RG neck) is the neck you have. Post the serial # on here for proper dating of the neck.

The only time you saw a current Ibanez headstock shape on an older Roadstar type body was the Pro Line series Ibanez's which started with the current headstock shape in I'd like to say 1984/1985.

Sweet looking guitar, and yes the pickups look like they took the old Ibanez out and stuck in some Powersounds which are pretty bottom of the barrel, but as long as you like it, right? Powersounds wouldn't have been stock as there weren't Powersounds in the mid 80's.

Comment

P700244 Made in Korea

Comment

1987 Serial number. I guess P=Korea. Not familiar with "P" as I am used to seeing C for Cort or F for Fuji.

I dug up a pic of a 1986 Roadstar RG120 (white guitar 2nd from left) which still has the older Ibanez headstock. Not sure if there were transition models of these in 1987 using newer necks with the new headstock design.

Also I noticed the 1986 Roadstar shows the pickups as having 2 adjustable screws for the bass side. Paul, does your pickguard have 2 holes on the bass side? If the pickups have the 2 mounting screws on the bass side, then the pickups are the stock Super 70's and would explain why the tone doesn't suck, as the Super 70's are kick ass pickups! They came with Alnico 8 magnets.

Comment

That would be it, a prime example of a good 540P with a mother bucker.

You mean like this ?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X